First mix/recording in a LONG time, thoughts? (Intervals)

Masoo2

Reaction score
As title says, I've been out of it for a while now due to school and getting a little invested in beat production so I decided to record a short cover of my favorite Intervals track, Epiphany

Two different versions with different lead tones and some other slight changes, not sure which I prefer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zp3RAbG79Hu9SSxNxE55dLaxp5vL-8P8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14GV9twwP4W6FbBAMfQQ2dAOge7ZDsHxl

Guitars: New 8 string (will post NGD soon), EZMix for rhythm, EZMix for leads, Mercuriall U530 for lower octave cleans, EZMix for higher octave cleans, EZMix for the few random guitar parts (descending octaves playing at the drop, double tracked autotuned (yes) octaves when the lead comes back in and the rhythms go palm muting)

yall need to give EZMix a genuine shot, I love the tones I've been able to get out of it

Bass: IK Multimedia MODO or whatever it's called on the Dingwall preset through Helix Native (had pitch it down one note in TH3 since they cut off the samples at A and didn't opt to include pitch-shifted notes for below A)

Drums: GGD Matt Halpern pack, first time I've actually got it sounding okay

Normalish mastering chain (VBC > Pro Q2 > Pro MB > NLS Buss > VTM > Oxford Inflator > L2

Couldn't get the lead guitars to work well at ALL

Is the mix too cluttered in the 140-400hz range? I get a bit fatigued from listening over-and-over again and that's the main problem area that arises

Also not a fan of how the cleans turned out in the beginning, should've probably swapped out U530 as I really am not a fan of the tones I've been getting out of it

Come to think of it, I haven't been a fan at all of any digital tones I've gotten outside of with EZMix and all the older POD Farm with/without IR tones I made back in the day

I guess the whole notion of super customizable cabinet sections or huge IR banks is throwing me off, especially since presets aren't the most common thing for amp sim plugins

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.