First official single - Calamity Lane (Nu Metal)

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Yo! I've already posted a snippet of this song here a few days ago, at that time it was just a little playaround with the working title "Gruv", which was going to turn into a single at some point.

Now I've finished this project and I'm proud enough to call it my first release-worthy piece of music. I'm happy with it and wanted to spread the word.

If you're into Nu-Metal or some similar type of music, check it out and see if you like it or not. I'm happy about every comment on it I can get! :frantic:

For gear/setup/used stuff related questions, feel free to post those as well. Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/chiatphil/calamity-lane-chi

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
Before I weigh in here, this is just my opinion!

Personally i think this kind of stuff is crying out for a vocalist and is generally a make or break for me depending on what the vocalist sounds like.

I don't think the music is complex enough to hold the attention on its own, its like its written specifically with plenty of room for vocals.

Having said that, nu-metal is what I grew up with and I really like the track, the chorus has a really nice movement to it, some nice little touches. But like I say for me its lacking vocals. With the right vocals this song could be awesome.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
First off, thanks for being the first one to post here, I really appreciate it.

As for the vocal thing, yeah, I felt that when I wrote those riffs. I didn't want to ruin it by putting in 12834 synths, to keep it simple. I know it's screaming for vocals or someone to rap over it, but I'm not blessed in that regard.

Cheers man.

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
Now for the hard part, finding good vocalists is just about the hardest thing to do! If you find one though I'd be up for an album full of your stuff :)

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do. Not only looking for someone to colaborate, but to make this kinda' stuff more appealing as an instrumental. I've got a few ideas already.

Thanks for your time man. :)

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.

I agree whole heart-idly with the previous poster that vocals are needed....which is the case with a lot of what is posted here.

Honestly, ever mix I create (sux) is with the intent of having vocals of some kind inserted.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I'll be keeping my eyes open for someone to do the vocals, and try to expand the next tracks on that EP so they can stand ground as instrumentals.