First seven string,

• Thread starter BigB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    7 string big
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigB

Reaction score
ok hey guys, i am in love with the sound of seven and eight string guitars, but im a big guy, like 270, and ive got some beefy hands if ya know what i mean:shred: and was wonderig what might be more comfortable in terms of necks, i do not like ibanez guitars though:scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Beast

Reaction score
Have a look at Schecter guitars. They have a thicker neck which might be more comfortable for bigger hands.

BigB

Reaction score
Have a look at Schecter guitars. They have a thicker neck which might be more comfortable for bigger hands.
for what ive played, they are more comfortable than ibnez by far, but, as far as bigger hand, there not so much longer as thicker, but thanks for the imput ive been looking at schecters

BigB

Reaction score
Ive just looked at the chris GArza shecter sevenstring!:shred: i love teles an thats a beast! anyone played it?

Attachments

• CHRISGARZAART.jpg
    CHRISGARZAART.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 16

mountainjam

Reaction score
Wizard 7 necks are a little thicker than wizard 6 necks...you should give them a chance if you havent

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
+1 for Carvin.
The thing about guitars is you CAN'T SKIMP OUT. Cheap is really expensive in the long run. If you put a good amount of money into a well made guitar and you treat it properly, you'll get much better money's worth out of it.

Gibsonist666

Reaction score
I dont care much for the wizard necks either its not that they are too thick or to thin feeling they just feel awkwardly shaped to me. i just got a Dean VNXM (cheap but not too bad of a guitar) the neck feels great to me so maybe try some Deans

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
The Wizard II necks can be awkward. Original Wizard necks are super comfortable.

And don't try Dean. Not worth the time IMHO.

BigB

Reaction score
I dont care much for the wizard necks either its not that they are too thick or to thin feeling they just feel awkwardly shaped to me. i just got a Dean VNXM (cheap but not too bad of a guitar) the neck feels great to me so maybe try some Deans
dean dosnt make that many 7 string m,odels, the only make the vendeta and the razorback, i love deans, idk about there sevenstrings

BigB

Reaction score
The Wizard II necks can be awkward. Original Wizard necks are super comfortable.

And don't try Dean. Not worth the time IMHO.
ibanez gutiars in general, are not worth my tiem, ive found every one, six and seven strings, to be extremely uncofortable

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
ESP/LTD makes a nice variety of 7s but never played on one, so I guess that wasnt much help. I was also thinking maybe a baritone 7 with a 27" scale would be more comfortable too. Its only and inch and half longer but may make a little difference.

Gibsonist666

Reaction score
dean dosnt make that many 7 string m,odels, the only make the vendeta and the razorback, i love deans, idk about there sevenstrings

i was never a huge dean guy but i do love this vendetta (except the bridge p'up is pretty much crap), never really been a fan of the razorbacks (6 string or seven) but i do like the hardtails a lot.

garza

Reaction score
You wont be disappointed, the neck is a little big as well. Brings out the tone a lot better than the thinner wimpy necks haha.

Ive just looked at the chris GArza shecter sevenstring!:shred: i love teles an thats a beast! anyone played it?