First song with vocals (Metalcore content)

• Thread starter Farcry0092
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Farcry0092

Reaction score
Hey guys, heres another sample of the last song i put up, Crab People. Some of you may remember it in its instrumental version, but this last weekend me and my other band memebers were able to start putting some vocals on it. So here it is, with all of the harsh vocals and about half the cleans done!

Crab People Vocal Sample by Farcry0092 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Id really appreciate you guys letting me know everything you think about it, what you like, what you hate, it dont matter haha

Thanks a lot guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Farcry0092

Reaction score
Thanks dude, all ive got on the vocals are an eq, de-esser, compressor, and reverb, all built into cubase and tweaked them both to fit the harshes and cleans differently.

HollowmanPL

Reaction score
I dig the vocals but mix seems to be quite muffed to my ears.

Farcry0092

Reaction score
Hey thanks a lot guys! What do you suggest for fixing the muffling issue? Would eqing stuff different help?

As for vocal reverb, how do you mean possibly wrong? would maybe no verb be better?

Thanks for the help!

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
You want to bus all the tracks to one reverb and balance the depth of the mix in that. I like to use a medium reverb if I want a close tight feel and a bigger room reverb if I want more epic feel

You want to then have a separate reverb for the vocals to use on top of the other one. Usually different to the other verb, can be small or large room or plate depending on taste. I like plate reverbs for this job though. You use this to push a vocal backwards in a mix if necessary.

You can also have another reverb on the snare if you like to give it some depth.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
The verb issue is better.

The vocals could still come forward.

Maybe experiment with some parallel compression on the vocals