Fishman Fluence Moderns excessive feedback

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
Hello!

I haven't posted anything in a long while but I got this new guitar a week ago that I'm having some issues with.

It's an Ibanez RGD61ALMS with Fishman Fluence Moderns. I have one other guitar with the same set. The problem is, they both experience a lot more feedback when playing live. Recording is great but I can only get it to do this at high volume.

My rig is a PRS MT15 run in 4CM with a Helix rack. I'm also using a Fortin 33 in front but it does it with a Helix screamer as well. My guitars with passive pups do not do this at all.

What could I be doing wrong?

frank falbo

Reaction score
Well they don’t have coil windings to be able to even feed back at all like a regular wire wound pickup. So what’s more likely is they’re vibrating in the mount of the guitar. Is it a very high pitched squeal? Or a midrange howl?

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
It's a very high pitched squeal. I messed around with my settings and I think it might have been where I had too much gain coming from using passive pickups. I'll test it out Monday at practice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
It's a very high pitched squeal. I messed around with my settings and I think it might have been where I had too much gain coming from using passive pickups. I'll test it out Monday at practice.

I don't play live but Fluences definitely have a lot of output which results in higher gain easier so yeah definitely try dialing the gain back a little. Certain pickups just have a ridiculous amount of output

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
Turning down the gain Definitely seemed to fix this issue. But what's weird is that, according to my interface (Audient ID14), the pickups output less volume overall than my passive guitars. The passives will clip my input occasionally at the lowest input gain while my Fishman's never get as close.