Fixed bridge seven string

• Thread starter Lekiwi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lekiwi

Reaction score
My first post here so I apologize in advance if I break any unwritten rules. Going to get straight to the point since I just spent half an hour writing a message when Chrome crashed..sigh.

I'm looking for a guitar with the following "aspects":
-fixed bridge
-7 strings
-versatility (from smooth jazz-like cleans to crunchy metal tones)
-slenderness and feel of an Ibanez neck (obviously Ibanez included)

As pickups can be replaced, I don't really mind if the model has weak pickups to begin with.

I was willing to settle for an Ibanez but after seeing that there were no prestige or premium models available with a fixed bridge I gave up.

My budget is around £1300 (or $2000) and if I can get a quality custom somewhere else for a slightly higher price I am willing to do that as well.

Many thanks,
Kiwi

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
If you want bolt-on, the setius is surely a good option, if you prefer neckthru get a carvin, the agile of custom guitars.

Your last statement could be misleading to the uninformed. Carvin and Agile have absolutely nothing in common. Thats like comparing a cassette tape recorder(Agile) to Pro Tools(Carvin). Plus Carvin prices are significantly higher across the pond.
The setius is a pretty solid choice

Reaction score
I obviously didn't make myself clear, let's put in a simple logic manner:
Agile is to medium end guitars what carvin is to higher end custom guitars.
Considering price-quality ratio.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Are you wanting a hardtail bridge, or a tune-o-matic? Schecter and LTD both have quite a few string-thru body and TOM guitars in the price range. The necks aren't Ibanez thin, but feel good just the same. Acacia are some of the most reasonably priced customs i've seen, and they use Hipshot bridges which are excellent.

Reaction score
I think getting a US guitar would totally rape the OP's wallet. UK Customs and all.

I'm in europe and have owned both agiles and carvins, one can always go used,
Stuff like tung oil neck and stainless steel frets makes it worth it.
I'm actually selling my carvin, but it's not fixed bridge.

Jaden rose build axes that are very close to ibanez in many aspects, so it's one to consider if the price is within your budget.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I just spent half an hour writing a message when Chrome crashed..sigh.

Nothing to do with your guitar question but - I've had this type of thing happen too many times to count. Sometimes I'd click send and then it would time out and not keep my message when I hit back, sometimes I'd click the wrong thing by accident etc. If you type up some long shit copy and paste it into a notepad. I've been doing this for a long time now and once I hit about one paragraph in length I'm like, "I think it's time I copy this shit" lol. Never lost anything since. I even copy shit to my phone's clipboard when posting because it's even easier to screw up on a smaller screen. Or if you know it's going to be a crazy long post just start in Notepad then paste over.

Rev.

Relinquish69

Reaction score
I think the old MIJ Ibanez RG7421 and RG7621 are worth considering. They do the job well.

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
There is also the Ibanez Apex II. It has a Mahogany body, Dimazrios and a tone-pros tune-o-matic bridge.

If you can afford it, the ESP Horizon NT-7.

Carvin would also be a nice option.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nothing to do with your guitar question but - I've had this type of thing happen too many times to count. Sometimes I'd click send and then it would time out and not keep my message when I hit back, sometimes I'd click the wrong thing by accident etc. If you type up some long shit copy and paste it into a notepad. I've been doing this for a long time now and once I hit about one paragraph in length I'm like, "I think it's time I copy this shit" lol. Never lost anything since. I even copy shit to my phone's clipboard when posting because it's even easier to screw up on a smaller screen. Or if you know it's going to be a crazy long post just start in Notepad then paste over.

Rev.

:agreed: I just hit ctrl+A ctrl+C periodically when writing

Sam MJ

Tries to be helpful
Reaction score
Jaden rose gets my vote

or a MIJ 7621 but thats well under your budget (even though a solid axe)

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
If you haven't played a schecter, try one out before you dismiss the neck carve, they're often very good for the price. The Loomis models are well within your budget. Also maybe look at the HEX-7 Nergal sig.

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Ibanez RG7421 or 7621
Both are prestige quality soooo..... save yourself some money

Lekiwi

Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to decide between the RG7421, RG7621, or the Jeff Loomis NT 7. Also noticed that the RG7621 is incredibly hard to come across...anyone know anyone who might have their hands on one and willing to sell it. That and the RG7421.

Otherwise...thoughts on the specs?

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
For an awesome smooth neck, thin body (neck thru design) and amazing feel, you can't go wrong with an LTD-H307. It looks amazing and one won't cost you $2000 either. The stock pickups are awful and the downside to getting in pickups that you want, one might have to do some surgery to fit them in. The worst thing about this guitar is that it is really hard to find as it's been out of production for at least a decade if not longer.

Latest posts