Flanger

• Thread starter Fryderyczek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ænima

Reaction score
imho get the EVH MXR flanger, it can do many many flanging sounds, but someone with more flanger knowledge might recommend something better for you

Sparkfriction

Reaction score
flanger i would recommend the t.c. vortex. it is solid and should do the Job. But i am absolutly not sure about this Sound.

Fryderyczek

Hates UG, the ....s
Reaction score
flanger i would recommend the t.c. vortex. it is solid and should do the Job. But i am absolutly not sure about this Sound.

What do you mean?

Ænima;4385875 said:
imho get the EVH MXR flanger, it can do many many flanging sounds, but someone with more flanger knowledge might recommend something better for you
Thanks.

Sparkfriction

Reaction score
What do you mean?

Thanks.

i am not sure how he made the sound in the video because i am not so familiar with dimebags setup. i know he was into pitchshifting and did some "abuse" of effect order what i did get in one of his old rig rundowns.

Shask

Reaction score
This is the one that Dimebag used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiP5tRY2UyA

He didn't actually use the Flanger part of it though, he used the Doubler part. He used it in the loop of his Randalls to thicken the sound up some.

You can actually do this in many ways. The Doubler was actually a very short delay that was separate from the flanger. A lot of people use short delays to achieve something similar, for example, John Petrucci used a TC Electronic 2290 delay to delay the signal 7-12 milliseconds and sends that signal to a second amp.

Basically, use a flanger, chorus, or delay to delay the signal a small bit (about 10ms) and send that signal to a second amp. When you mix the 2 amps together, you will get a fatter, fuller tone. With any of these methods you want very subtle settings. You almost cant hear it.