Flash light question?

• Thread starter Xk6m6m5X
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xk6m6m5X

Reaction score
I have lumitech 2200 lumen led light that have the stupid 5 way switch..high, low, fast and slow strobe and sos....i cant seem to find the same lights in just on/off. So can i replace the switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
You'll have to be more specific on the model, because I tried searching for Lumitech 2200 lumen and got no results of merit.

Regardless, it's unfortunately likely that you can't simply swap out the switch. High-powered light emitting diodes require carefully designed power circuits, unlike an incandescent bulb which can more or less be connected directly to a voltage source because the tungsten filament is itself a source of resistance which regulates the power consumed. An LED light with multiple brightness modes is going to use one of two methods of controlling the brightness: current control or pulse width modulation. The presence of Strobe/SOS modes also practically guarantees that the light has an intelligent switching mechanism, probably a microcontroller. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, but because of all this, changing the switching to purely binary operation is almost certainly going to be more involved than swapping out the switch, and without having a circuit diagram to work with, I wouldn't recommend trying.

If you're looking for more authoritative info, I'd recommended CandlePowerForums.com.