Floor modeller & Wireless suggestions

• Thread starter Lozek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Current Rig:
- Sennheiser ½ width guitar wireless
- Kemper rack
- Mooer GE300 floor Controller/redundancy back-up.
- Sennheiser ½ width IEM

I run a clean DI from Kemper > Mooer for dropping to three lower tunings (Mooer transposition is not up to it), so I only fly two guitars cover to my show. But………I’m already sick of dragging a 4U through airports and having to dismantle in customs. I’m wondering whether I can get smaller units and pack in a more convenient DJ back-pack (The GE300 already travels in a multi guitar case in the hold) .

Desired Rig:
- Digitech Whammy DT (Midi capable)
- Mooer GE300
- *Small form factor redundant modeller (Midi capable)
- ~Pedal form factor wireless (non-digital)

* I’ve been looking the HX stomp, but any demos I’ve checked haven't sounded good. Also considered Kemper Stage, but they screwed the launch so badly that I don’t trust it
~ I don’t want to go digital, already run into a lot of issues with venue wifi networks & mobile phones causing havoc on 2.4ghz

TL;DR Suggest * & ~

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Following. I'm also trying to find a good, compact RF wireless system for pedalboards. My G30 was great until this last year. Now almost every venue with Wi Fi or more than 10 people in it is giving me all sorts of interference/drop outs.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Following. I'm also trying to find a good, compact RF wireless system for pedalboards. My G30 was great until this last year. Now almost every venue with Wi Fi or more than 10 people in it is giving me all sorts of interference/drop outs.

Yep, I was previously playing a G90 and had exactly the same. Soundcheck was fine, my tech would line check with no problem, soon as we're onstage and all the phones come out, my signal compresses down to nothing and disappears.

SnoozyWyrm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the companies plan to move out of the "congested" 2,4ghz any time soon? Because RF ain't no clean solution either.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the companies plan to move out of the "congested" 2,4ghz any time soon? Because RF ain't no clean solution either.
Where should they move to in your opinion? If the solution has to work worldwide you don't have many alternatives. Sub-1GHz doesn't have enough bandwidth for high quality digital audio and significantly lower frequencies can only transmit analog audio (same as your FM/AM radio basically)...

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Line 6 g10s
Any issues with it live? I like the form factor and the price, but with the mess the G30 and my bassists G90 have been once a room starts filling up, I'm not sure I wanna get anything else in the 2.4Ghz band.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I know it was brought up just in passing, but sound-wise, the Helix Stomp identical to the to the full fat units. It's just a cheaper form factor/screen, less I/O, and half the available DSP.

lewis

Reaction score
Any issues with it live? I like the form factor and the price, but with the mess the G30 and my bassists G90 have been once a room starts filling up, I'm not sure I wanna get anything else in the 2.4Ghz band.

I have the regular G10, and both the bassist and other Guitarist are using G30s.
We never had issues until recently when some drop outs happened at practice. Looked into it and it turned out our bassist was sharing the same channel as the other guitarist.
Once we made sure all channels were different, it seems to have sorted it.
We have gigged since and had no issues whatsoever.

The G10s is even better than my original G10 because you can manually select its channel. (Plus the 9volt instead of USB looks so much better)

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Line 6 g10s

The form factor is perfect for me but I can't rely on it because of the 2.4ghz interference issues, I ran a G90 for about 10 years but had to switch after it let me down on consecutive shows.

I know it was brought up just in passing, but sound-wise, the Helix Stomp identical to the to the full fat units. It's just a cheaper form factor/screen, less I/O, and half the available DSP.

i think I'm going to end up choosing between the HX Stomp and the Mooer Pre-Amp live. The only advantage with the Mooer is that I can get it sounding absolutely identical to my main sound.