Floyd Rose Spring Question

• Thread starter jpgriffin94
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jpgriffin94

Reaction score
I tried to put D'Addario EXL110-7 Lite's (which are 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46, 59) on my Agile Interceptor Pro 730 and the tremolo was just way to high. Tried to tighten the screws underneath and ended up stripping one of them by accident.:wallbash: I have 5 springs underneath all in a straight line. Should use only 3 springs and change them to an arrow formation? My Ibanez RG4 is set up like that for 10-52 in drop C. Or should I get stiffer springs? Need help... BADLY. Please send a link to a picture of what I need to buy/do to fix this issue. Thanks guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

surfthealien

Reaction score
What are you tuning to? String gauge looks good for b standard. The arrow formation is a no go. Although tedious if your screwdriver sucks you can loosen all the strings the tighten up the screws on the back then retune. If you run out of space you are gonna need another spring. If you can take a pic of what you are working with.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to remove the stripped screw then replace it. You really need to be able to adjust the vibrato claw.

vstealth

Reaction score
I stripped the screw on my floyd claw too, just use a flat head instead of the phillips head, works perfectly fine now.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I can't imagine the 5 standard not being enough. How far do you still have to screw the claw in? If its almost maxed out you might need higher tension springs, but I'm guessing it still has a ways to go.

jpgriffin94

Reaction score
The two claw screws were screwed in pretty far with just the standard 5 springs and I couldn't turn them any more. But maybe what I needed to do was loosen the strings more and tighten it. It definitely didn't help that I stripped the one screw and couldn't turn it any more anyway.