[For my Portfolio] I, Assailant - Envision; Invade. (remix/master). Whatcha think?

• Thread starter Stijnson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Dig the mix but here's a few things I'd change

Saturate the guitars a bit more, pre and/or post amp.

Make the bass guitar more audible

and the drum shells almost feel slightly hollow? Like the snare has GREAT attack/reverb and I'm curious as to how you processed it, but it's missing some lower mids/thickness and I feel the same might be applicable to the kick.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
I like how you got the choir track to poke through, but the pulsating synth is a bit too distracting. There are some sibiliants in the vocals that jump out sometimes too. Otherwise great job!

You can hear a bit of my version of the song at punchsectorstudios.com

Stijnson

Reaction score
Dig the mix but here's a few things I'd change

Saturate the guitars a bit more, pre and/or post amp.

Make the bass guitar more audible

and the drum shells almost feel slightly hollow? Like the snare has GREAT attack/reverb and I'm curious as to how you processed it, but it's missing some lower mids/thickness and I feel the same might be applicable to the kick.

Thanks for the listen man! Nothing crazy going on on the snare, just the standard processing so to speak, blended with some samples. But I agree it could use more body so I'll look into it for sure! Likewise with the bass, I feel I need more low mid fill up overall in the mix.

I like how you got the choir track to poke through, but the pulsating synth is a bit too distracting. There are some sibiliants in the vocals that jump out sometimes too. Otherwise great job!

You can hear a bit of my version of the song at punchsectorstudios.com

Thanks man, yeah that pulsating synth is quite distracting now that you mention it :p Liking your mix too man! What did you reamp it through? It could use a little more bass I feel but overall it sounds good! Hows that BMTH mix coming along then? :)

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah that pulsating synth is quite distracting now that you mention it :p Liking your mix too man! What did you reamp it through? It could use a little more bass I feel but overall it sounds good! Hows that BMTH mix coming along then? :)
I reamped it with my Axe-Fx II. I think it was 6160 with some third party cabs.

I haven't started with BMTH yet, I mixed this song on monday I think, and I also have my first paying client ^^

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Solid mix overall. I think the vox could use some more automation in certain areas. Go through and manual clip gain the ESSes down so the compression doesn't bring them up so much as well. Sounds solid otherwise. A lot of the stuff I could mention is more of a subjective thing so... good job !

I skipped this month as I didn't even finish last months mix and I kinda feel like the "education" part of NTM isn't as strong as I expected it to be.

edit: don't want to hijack but since you guys use other services like NTM... have you guys used a good POP music oriented one? I love metal but realistically there's way more money to be made in other genres.

Stijnson

Reaction score
I reamped it with my Axe-Fx II. I think it was 6160 with some third party cabs.

I haven't started with BMTH yet, I mixed this song on monday I think, and I also have my first paying client ^^
Nice though man, congrats!

Solid mix overall. I think the vox could use some more automation in certain areas. Go through and manual clip gain the ESSes down so the compression doesn't bring them up so much as well. Sounds solid otherwise. A lot of the stuff I could mention is more of a subjective thing so... good job !

I skipped this month as I didn't even finish last months mix and I kinda feel like the "education" part of NTM isn't as strong as I expected it to be.

edit: don't want to hijack but since you guys use other services like NTM... have you guys used a good POP music oriented one? I love metal but realistically there's way more money to be made in other genres.

Thanks man, I agree on the vocals, unfortunately I will have to resolve to automating those s's.

No I'm not familiar with any pop ones, or any other for that matter. But I'd love to get my hands on some pop and edm tracks!