For the love of God

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SymmetricScars

Reaction score
That was extremely well played :yesway:

And the tone sounded pretty damn good as well

I think Vai would be proud.

nocturnous

Maximum Volumizer
Reaction score
That was really good, I usually hate it when people attempt vai covers but great job man.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That was really really good. Sounded very close to Vai's tone and even his playing style. An excellent cover. I loved the pinch harmonics and such added in. :yesway:

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That was really good, I usually hate it when people attempt vai covers but great job man.

i'm the same way. i don't even know why i checked this out....... however, i'm glad i did.

you are a good player.

td0407

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I d also like to point the fact that you can play such songs even with a strat.At first it seemed impossible to me.but i modified the licks and added some harmonics where i didnt have frets, and i think it is ok.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nicely done. I played this through my monitors and my bro thought it was actually steve vai. :yesway:

nocturnous

Maximum Volumizer
Reaction score
i'm the same way. i don't even know why i checked this out....... however, i'm glad i did.

you are a good player.

I don't know why I did either, I guess it's a natural forum reflex to view such covers, and totally rip into the poster for possibly butchering a song and committing an act of attention whoredom

Especially taking on Vai requires a lot of balls, even you play the song perfectly note wise, nailing the vibrato and subtleties in the phrasing hell the wah use was spot on ,it's so rare. A very good suprise.

In a perfect internets the latter would exist far more than the former. :shred:

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Great playing dude, that tone is pretty much as close as anyone could get without Steve's actual rig! Good job :yesway:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
"9 months of total musical inactivity" and then you pull that off? Haha, I don't believe it, can't be true, too perfect! And you've done tender surrender too I can see, damn. I've always wanted to learn that, but I don't even want to try when I hear the solo :\ ...and you're just rolling your eyes when you play it, haha, that's not even funny man!

*subscribed*

Bobo

Reaction score
When I saw the strat I figured some things wouldn't add up, but you pulled off an excellent cover! I like your added touches too.

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't say much that others haven't already said, but once again, great job man!

Nicely done. :yesway:

You nailed the shit out of Tender Surrender as well. I'm not sure Vai can cop it that accurately. :lol:

td0407

Reaction score
When I saw the strat I figured some things wouldn't add up....

Me too! I thought..ok maybe i should find a JEM from somebody in order to play this.But as i tried to get the licks down, i figured out other ways to play them and they sounded ok to me!Glad to hear that they sound ok to others as well :)