Ford Guitars. Waylons new company...

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I think the tele shapes pretty interesting though none of them are really my bag :p

I like bass bodies for guitars xD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As you all know by now, I have left HALO to start up a new guitar company which is called Ford Guitar Company. The company is located about 30 miles or so north of Houston, Texas. All guitars will be built at this location by myself and one other luthier, and for the time being it will be just the two of us.

Myself and another fellow sevenstring dot org member have been working on some new body designs, and we are still fine tuning them before we start prototyping any of them and working on all the physical features and designs. I will post the final sketches and mock ups of the new guitar line as as we get everything finalized and I am fully happy with the way it looks.

I am very excited about being able to be in total control of every aspect of the company, and to be able to guarantee the attention to detail and quality control that every instrument deserves myself.

I am sure that when you see the product that will be coming from Ford Guitar Company, you will see the vision and dream that I have always wanted to bring to life.

All guitars will be offered in 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 string models.

I will start posting photos soon of the shop and the set up of the new facility as we are getting our new CNC machine delivered in just a few weeks. I will also be posting photos of the build process and photos of the product as they are built.

After we are fully up and running if anyone is in the area would like to come on by and take a tour of the place, you are more than welcome to schedule a date and time to do so.

As I am busy tending to my family, my business, and my band it may take me some time to reply to anything posted on this page. So if you have any questions, or ideas for me about the guitar line. Please email me at info@fordguitarcompany.com.

~Waylon Ford

As for the building materials below is a list of what will be offered in the new guitar line.

-Body Woods-
Alder, Ash, Basswood, Bubinga, Cherry, Cocobolo, Korina-White, Korina-Black, Maple-Eastern Soft, Mahogany-South American, Padauk. Poplar, Purple Heart, Rosewood-Indian, Sapele, Walnut-Black, Wenge, and Zebrawood

-Neck Woods-
Quartersawn Hard Maple, Eastern Flamed Maple, Flatsawn Mahogany, Flatsawn Hard Curly Maple, East Indian Rosewood, Wenge, Korina-White, Flatsawn Hard Maple, Birdseye Maple, Madagascar Rosewood, and Hard Maple Square

-FingerBoard Wood-
Ebony, East Indian Rosewood, Quatersawn Hard Maple, Flatsawn Hard Maple, Birdseye Maple, Cocobolo, Madagascar Kingwood, Bubinga, Flatsawn Hard Curly Maple, Brazilian Rosewood

-Hardware-
Tuners: Gotohs, Grover, Sperzel, Schaller, Steinberger, Planet Waves Auto-Trim, and Hipshot Extender Keys

Bridges: Original Floydrose, Kahler, Hipshot, Trem-King, Nashville Tune-o-matic Bridge, and more.

-Electronics-

Seymour Duncan, EMG, Rio Grande, and Lundgren

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I wish you luck with this. This sounds like a step in the right direction as long as you offer more shapes than what we've seen in that other thread on here :yesway:

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish you luck with this. This sounds like a step in the right direction as long as you offer more shapes than what we've seen in that other thread on here :yesway:

Yeah I will start off with six designs.

And I am still fine tuning the designs. As soon as I am happy with the way they all look I will post some on this thread.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I wish you luck with this.
I don't. Someone hit the nail right on the head in the other thread. It's a clean slate that a lot of people don't think you deserve and I'm going to treat your new company the same way as I treat Halo- with little to no respect.

Sorry, but you screwed yourself at Halo.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't. Someone hit the nail right on the head in the other thread. It's a clean slate that a lot of people don't think you deserve and I'm going to treat your new company the same way as I treat Halo- with little to no respect.

Sorry, but you screwed yourself at Halo.

I am not asking for a clean slate. I am just starting something new so that I can finally do everything the way I have wanted and can personally be in control of all aspects of the company including the manufacturing & quality control. All I ask is to let my products speak for them selves.

Thanks,

Waylon

Ruins

Reaction score
good luck to you and i really hope you will manage it this time. i think the most important thing that you could do is to get as close as possible with your clients or potential clients and that means to respond on every email and every post you get to gain the trust and positive feedback. and you need positive feedback MORE than anything else.

W4D

Bass Player
Contributor
Reaction score
good luck to you and i really hope you will manage it this time. i think the most important thing that you could do is to get as close as possible with your clients or potential clients and that means to respond on every email and every post you get to gain the trust and positive feedback. and you need positive feedback MORE than anything else.

I totally understand that and that is what will be going on.