Forever War GWoT

• Thread starter Yul Brynner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
So this summer my son will be old enough to enlist and fight in the same war that I fought and died in. A war that started before he was born.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Somehow even in a serious discussion I cannot resist the temptation to be silly. This is actually a line stolen from my 1SG around the time of the Iraq invasion and my first deployment. Any military person can tell you about leaders giving motivational speeches all the time while they have a captive audience in formation. This guy 1SG Corbett was at least entertaining. He gave a speech saying, "I would die for each and every one of you. I did it before and I'll do it again. SOAR LIKE EAGLES!" There is also the bit in Forrest Gump about Lt Dan's family history. So a few of us from the unit always talk about how we fought and died in the war lol.

But no, I don't think my kid is stupid or desperate enough to enlist. I was just realizing how this is becoming the longest running war in American history.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wedge_destroyer

Reaction score
Gotcha, sometimes it's very needed,

Wasn't implying that he was. I just think that it's something anyone and definately those of military age, should read; especially during an exceedingly long war. Wish I had thrown a copy at my step brother before he joined up.

Latest posts