Forza Motorsport 4 (Fall 2011)

• Thread starter Joose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Hells yeah.

Some nice new models for the keen eyed if you are quick enough like the vanilla Mclaren F1 (short arse version right there on the video still!)

Me = Happy :D

Not sure i'll enjoy the NFS style "hollywood" effects but saying that, Forza 3 was a bit stale at high speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I noticed one of the raods the Top Gear guys drove on for "the best driving road in the world". I don't remember each well enough to know which it is, but I hope it's the Stelvio Pass in Romania.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I *still* haven't played 3 yet.

What happens to me with all these 'sim' style racing games is that I hit the wall. Not literally, but figuratively. I feel like there's no 'curve' to the difficulty; it just goes from "no effort at all winning 1st place in every race" to "Jesus Christ monkey balls I've been lapped 7 times and I haven't even started my 2nd lap yet".. :wallbash:

I might give this a look-see when it comes out, but part of me is starting to think I might be done with racing games..

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^That's why the multiplayer lobbies are the way to go.

Career mode is easy. Finishing through Year 6 on 3 wasn't anything.

Hell, I have a friend on year 27.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
There was a mod on the forza forums who was on year 57 or thereabouts.

Having raced so much he also had hundreds of millions of credits, aswell as WAAAAAY too much free time. :lol:

Also the AI is pretty good on expert with no aids and shit, but if you all go the same car you can easily beat them. I always found the easiest way to suss the computer out was just to follow it bumper to bumper for the first lap or 2 and then give it the beans on the next few laps.

And yes, i am now tired of waiting for Forza 4. Time needs to hurry the fuck up and pass.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^For sure. I only run a braking line, for anything that isn't an 800hp RWD death trap lol.

@philkilla - Just noticed you're in Jax, nice to see someone else from here.

Mendez

Reaction score
Damn this game looks epic :hbang:

not sure about ps3 move feature though...

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
The only real use for kinect that i'll benefit from is the Head Tracking feature. I only run cockpit view since i'm a badass and the fact i can now see out the window without having to physically move a control stick which is a bit off putting mid corner is awesome.

I loved the headtracking in GT5 so this'll own.

The whole "view the car by walking around it" using kinect can fuck off. I'll be sitting in my fucking seat chilling the fuck out playing this. :lol:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
You can skip to about 4:40 if you wanna get right to the new in car view and a new track demo. This shit looks incredible.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
This is a definite must-buy for me. Any time there's a new FORZA, Elder Scrolls or Hitman, I'm lining up on day one.

Rock4ever

Reaction score
I was bored with the 3rd one fairly quickly. I think it was due to the tracks. There seemed to be just a few of them with different areas closed off depending on what race you're in.

Last racing game I really liked was Rallisport Challenge, and that seems a long time ago.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I wonder how long it's gonna take for Playstation people to get GT6 lol. Probably just in time to be "the best racing sim" for a little while again. By then we'll be waiting on Forza 6[/360 biased insult]

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Gt5 is pretty much buried with Forza 4.

Hilariously, the GT5 forums are full of idiots getting butthurt over how much this new forza won't suck balls. They really are becoming delusional over how GT5 is crumbling.

Also, judging by the gt4 to gt5 timeline, gt6 won't be here till around Forza 6 or beyond. :lol:

PS - I'll leave this awesome video right here for you (it's 24 minutes long :D)

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a week off work for when Forza 4 is released. Might be investing in another racing wheel as well.

Latest posts