Framus cobra .. honey moon

• Thread starter jd267
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dbuk01

Reaction score
This video gets an awesome tone out of the cobra but I think you will have to spend a lot of time getting this kind of sound out of it

Definitely shows they sound good when someone can dial it in though :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jd267

Reaction score
just scored a 2010 duel rec with matching cab!!!! $1400 like new!!! it loves the maxon!!! the framus sounds cool but just makes a shit load of noise. am i doing something wrong? the maxon distortion all the way off knob next to it all the way up sounds best , tone all the way up i like to. gain on the framus i set to where it is clear. o and who ever said the framus hates a over sized mesa cab is nuts :hbang: but i guess when it comes down to it what ever sounds good to you

jd267

Reaction score
This video gets an awesome tone out of the cobra but I think you will have to spend a lot of time getting this kind of sound out of it

Definitely shows they sound good when someone can dial it in though :hbang:

ola doubles his tracks. kid nows how to record an amp :nuts:

sleepy502

Reaction score

This is my AW-7 running through a Framus Cobra with matching cab.

Don't even look at the knobs while eqing. You will sink into a horrible depression leading to suicide.

jd267

Reaction score

This is my AW-7 running through a Framus Cobra with matching cab.

Don't even look at the knobs while eqing. You will sink into a horrible depression leading to suicide.

haaaaaa thats so funny man .. but its true . i have been putting my head in front of my cab and just messing with the eq not looking at it. lol seems to work better . my duel rec boosted nails the tone im after but the framus has some thing the rec dont that i do like:scratch:

jd267

Reaction score
can i ask you guys a dumb question .. wtf does 9:30 mean on a amp knob??? dont even make sense ? explain please...

sleepy502

Reaction score
Imagine the knobs as a clock.

Dialing something in at noon means halfway. 9:30 would be just past a quarter way.

sleepy502

Reaction score
A trick with the framus depending on your gear is to scoop the treble/mids a bit. The high end is very weird to tame. Try both mids/treble at around 10 o clock, even a bit lower. Should help.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
I find the gain channels "channel volume" sounds better at 8 than at 10. I also find it better to leave the mids at 5, put the bass when I want it, the highs where I want them, and then use the mid knob to control how "full" the sound is. Presence was always around 4. High enough to tighten the sound up, but right before the "fizz" settles in. And I dont use the deep knob.

jd267

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys but im just going to use my duel rec with matching cab with my od 808 maxon. It gets the tone i want in two minutes.. plus its way more FULL sounding than the framus. I have been messing with that head for days and my boogie just shits on it in every way. lol o well at least a can say i had one . for the money ill take it back to GC .

jd267

Reaction score
boy do i feel like a dumb ass haaaaa spent a few weeks with the duel rec and now hate it with a passion lol stupid eq set up. sounds like ass at loud volumes. sold it and bought back my cobra from GC .. messed with some tubes and bam .. its a beast and can dial a tone in no prob. also it seems to love my mesa rectifier cab

hugoazevedo

Reaction score
Hey, jd267,

Sorry to ressurect this thread, but what tube combination did you go for in the end to get your F Cobra sounding awesome!

Cheers!

Darkened

Reaction score
I can acknowledge that Cobra with VHT Fatbottom cab will rip off your ass. And the cleans are great too, I strongly recommend this amp with this cab.