Free AU Speaker Simulation Plugin?

• Thread starter statics
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

statics

Fresh meat on ss.org
Reaction score
For demoing, I cant be arsed to mic up an amp, I havnt got the money to buy a POD or Axe FX - I've already spent too much on rack shit.

SO I've been running an old Line 6 Uber Metal straight in, and then using Guitar Rig 3's speaker emulator.

BUT guitar rig sucks system resources like a bitch, particularly when running with S2.0 too, and my little macbook struggles at times.

So all I want is a really simple, small speaker simulator plugin. I dont care about settings or whatever - it's only a demo. Just for convenience. Any suggestions?

Alternatively, is there a way to 'make' a speaker simulator using Logic's plugins? I dont really know exactly how a speaker sim affects the signal (I guess mainly just eq, cutting the top end off?) How could I recreate this?

Cheers gang

Tom

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Download impulses, there are tons of free ones out there, and then you can load the impulse through the Space Designer reverb plug-in in Logic.

For a further explanation of impulses there is a sticky thread at the top of the recording forum.

MatthewK

Reaction score
Or if you have Logic Express like me, LAConvolver + impulses.