funny looking trem "arms"

• Thread starter Calija
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Calija

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have recently gotten my first floating bridge that allows me to do those really quick vibrato trem tap things, but because of my hand positioning I can only do them sitting down which makes me way less cool. after thinking about it for a bit, having a d shaped trem arm that kinda arches over the bridge would make doing this much easier, although not being as functional for regular stuff. Ignoring the practicality, I feel this wouldnt work on most types of trems (I have an Ibanez az trem), as it would rotate and just become a more annoying version of a straight arm. a solution to this would possibly be an ambidextrous floating bridge that has two trem arm attachment points on either side that would stop the arched whammy from rotating. Ignoring my stupid applications, I think an ambidextrous bridge would be cool.

TL;DR I want to use an ambidextrous floating bridge to do stupid things but idk if they exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Allan Holdsworth used to use shortened arms on some of his trems. If the trem allows for a tight grip on the arm, it seems like it could be kept out of the way pretty easily. You can see an example in this video starting at about 2:10.

I think Kahler trems are ambidexterous, with a trem arm hole on both sides. Perhaps something could be fashioned to work similarly to that U Bar tedtan mentioned above

But they also have something called a "Palm lever" bar:

It's the top arm in this pic:
1715666118337.png

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Ooh, stumbling upon that Kahler bar have me the inspiration to look for other things like it, and I'm finding all sorts of things I've never seen before:

"Jake blade"
1715667659487.png
1715667397778.png

"Pitch Pilot" individual string "whammy bars"
1715667690546.png
1715667746629.png

I've seen this palm thing on Bigsby bridges before, but apparently someone's made an adaptor block to attach it to a strat style bridge: