G&L Rampage 24

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In addition to those rudimentary blues licks played through Dumble clones, the boomers definitely got a leg up with free college and $20000 homes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I've come around to not absolutely hating it. But don't think I'll buy it because of the extra frets. Looks a bit weird.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I gotta support companies making single pickup guitars.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

fo1ljxp4hnkcxtmkr8rv.jpg

...okay this is hot

EDIT: I just realized they ditched the other selling points (at least for me). The wide-ass 1 3/4'' nut and the maple body.

GenghisCoyne

im here to party
Reaction score
3 pages of people complaining about the frets and pickups and the bridge when neither the reissue or the original have a headstock facing the correct direction.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
3 pages of people complaining about the frets and pickups and the bridge when neither the reissue or the original have a headstock facing the correct direction.
The G&L headstock is one of the few headstocks I'm fine with staying the wrong way lol

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While I definitely prefer 24 frets and a Floyd, I’ll buy an Ibanez for that. I got excited about these for about 10 seconds until I saw the changes.

“It became a guitar that influenced a genre……so here’s something different”

Same here I was excited because of the original... this not so much. Ah well one less thing to buy :lol:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Tough call between black/maple and white/ebony, but ended up ordering the latter, should be here soon. Not every spec is perfect, but for 2k its nice to see a real Floyd on this unlike what Jackson American stuff is doing, and it just feels unapologetically 90s and I'm about that right now. If I really like this I would love a custom too someday. G&L is an underrated company, I love the fallout especially.