Galveston Pro Series 7 UB7000

• Thread starter shupe13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shupe13

Reaction score
Anyone own this 7 string bass or played it? Looks really cool. Cheap price. I ran across it on ebay. I am unable to get any info other than what the ebay seller has to say about it.:yesway: :noway:

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I've played one at a local guitar store. It was used, and they wanted $300 or $400 for it. My impressions:

Obviously cheap construction. Obviously cheap wood and finish. The string spacing at the nut was WAY uneven. Cheap but apparently functional hardware. I don't really remember the fretwork but IIRC the action was high enough to make it difficult to judge. Because I wasn't too impressed with the construction I never bothered plugging it in, so I can't comment on the tone or electronics. I did actually have a lot of fun playing it unplugged, as it was the first seven string bass I'd really put hands on. I was impressed enough with the possibilities of a high f that I bought a Conklin GTBD-7 on ebay not long after.

If you want more info you can look on talkbass.com. You can also check the review section of harmonycentral.com if you haven't already.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the Galveston, and wouldn't really recommend it. You could probably get a used Conklin GT-7 for around $600-700 on ebay with the current crap economy, and that's generally considered a really good bass.