GCI Guitars (God City Instruments): Kurt Ballou of Converge design guitar

• Thread starter Mwoit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

timbale

Reaction score
Statically the one bolt construction is unstable, civil engineer here... though you don't have to study to see that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to see Kurt taking off with this, he is pretty great at pretty much everything he does. I can definitely get onboard with these!

John Baizley's GCI is rad.

Blackbog3

Reaction score
This is exactly what I expected it to look like, and I personally love it; except maybe the bridge.

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

SandyRavage

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone sees the similarities to this and the first act custom shop? Seeing as first act custom is closed the timing makes a lot of sense.....

Just speculation but if the quality is similar I'm guessing these are going to take off as the only thing first act ever lacked was a mid priced quality instrument.

Any one agree with me here?

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Is there any news on a release date for these?

Nope, in the gear gods livestream about his studio stuff he said that there isn't a release date, if only so that there isn't the risk that he isn't able to follow through with it because of his busy schedule.

khanate7

Reaction score
I was expecting some news on these. Ive been monitoring these and harassing kurt about them every chance i get. This is sick and i will purchase first chance i get but i was really hoping for this one :
10363640_10152421809809329_6983521528343109008_n.jpg

LLink2411

Banned
Reaction score
Would be much better looking / playing if the shape was reversed.

I don't understand the point of lowering your upper feet-access to increase the empty space near the bass-side if the neck joint.

khanate7

Reaction score

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
The necks for GC Guitars have been by Warmoth in the past although Michael Mason of Cult Leader/Mason Guitars has made at least one baritone neck for Kurt.

vansinn

Reaction score
Statically the one bolt construction is unstable, civil engineer here... though you don't have to study to see that.

I tend to agree with you, but then again, when the single-leg swinging arm came out on motobikes, I felt uneasy about this too ;)

He mentions a lock of sorts; maybe it's something to keep the neck in a locked alignment..

I dig the looks, sounds ok for an all-too brief test.
Could use one or two more strings.. ;)