GEAR FIND ALERT! Engl Rack setup for only $1900

Cobhc221

Reaction score
soooooo i was strolling into my local guitar center to buy a used Engl Z-9 footswitch my buddie Josh told me about.

this had me really bothered cause i was wondering the entire time WHY there was an Engl Z-9 there in the display case....

so i further marched to the loud Lounge and saw what can only be described as a wet dream come true....

What lay before my eyes was an Engl Special Edition Preamp paired with an Engl Tube Poweramp 840/50......with a furman Power conditioner all for $1900.:nuts:

i was gassing on it so bad that i said to onw of the assistant managers "i want this shit NAOW" and proceeded to make a deal happen...

well ladies and Djents i may be an owner of an Engl Rack mount setup by late July :D

Attachments

• engl rack.jpg
    engl rack.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 125
  • engl rack 2.jpg
    engl rack 2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 92

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Killer score. It will be an intense rig!

I'm cringing at the thought at how little trade-in/cash value the old owner got for that. GC usually gives half of what they think they can sell it for.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Glad to see im not the only idiot that makes large impulsive purchases! :lol:

I kid mate... Congrats! Now...we wait...

:lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Dude, great price. I had an 850/SE rack setup before and it sounded really good. And that was like 70% more than what you paid!

morethan6

Reaction score
Awesome score!

Now wipe your phone camera lens - all your excited heavy breathing has fogged it up :)

Cobhc221

Reaction score
Awesome score!

Now wipe your phone camera lens - all your excited heavy breathing has fogged it up :)

hahahahaha! like a sex scene!

i already have an Invader but I've always wanted to dabble around with stereo and BOOM this is what im getting for my backup/recording/tour rig :D

morethan6

Reaction score
Stereo FTW! I love having my delay bouncing around on stage. Front of house is normally mono but who cares :)

Cobhc221

Reaction score
the other thing i was looking into was the record out on the SE.

im very curious how this works o_O....Do you just plug int D.I into your interface ?????

morethan6

Reaction score
Never used this particular pre but it's a cab-emulated line out (i.e the high frequencies are tamed like what happens when you run through a cab) so it should work plugged straight in. Remember it's not a guitar level or mic level output (really low voltage) but a Line level, so set your input to line so it doesn't get gained up by the preamp or you'll clip. What interface you running man?

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Why do you have to wait? did you just put some money down on it or something?

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
It absolutely amazes me at the stuff that ends up there that is so easily sold on CL for far more.

Cobhc221

Reaction score
i see. i the previous owner told me the same thing about recording with it.

Also, im putting it on layaway and even if i had the money there and now. I'd still have to wait 30 days to grab the shit cause of the Police hold. (making sure its not stolen ect.)

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
i see. i the previous owner told me the same thing about recording with it.

Also, im putting it on layaway and even if i had the money there and now. I'd still have to wait 30 days to grab the shit cause of the Police hold. (making sure its not stolen ect.)

I figured thats what you were doing, the hold is only 30 days. I didnt know you could do layaway! I'm gonna go snag me some gear i "need" lol!