Gianluca Ferro Intro + Appreciation

• Thread starter BIGRIGG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Hey there! If you like 7 string instrumental music, read on.....

Gianluca Ferro CD called "Unheimlich" is amazing. It's mostly hard rock/metal but with many little nods to different styles keeping things interesting. Something similar would be Paul Wardingham with a bit more variety. The "backing tracks" for lack of a better term are very full, layered and complex. Lots of interesting percussion and sound textures. The most obvious point is the stellar lead guitar playing. VERY tasteful and melodic with the ability to shred, tap, sweep, video game sounds, Zappa wacked fusion lines etc. The production value of the CD is amazing. It puts many so called "pro" artists to shame with it's mix and overall sound. There is melody in there like Satriani, weird tapping a la Dave Martone, and dare I say it.....a little bit of Djent can be heard now and then. 15 tracks of very good and inspirational music.
I ordered the CD from SG records out of Italy. Arrived to Canada in approx 1 week with great communication from their end.

Here is a link for one of the cool tunes on the CD.

Please check him out and I hope you enjoy! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
I don't get it...am I the only one who digs this stuff? :bowdown:

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
Ooh. I've been thinking of making a thread about this guy for a while. He's pretty good. The main hook in Accelerating Future gets me every time.

He's also playing an 8 string, not a 7 :p

I'm not sure why though. The into to that song feels very out of place and the rest of it can be played on a 6 more or less.