Gibson vs Kiesel

• Thread starter Yul Brynner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Apparently even though Gibson lost the lawsuits in the EU and with Dean over the V body shape, they are trying to get onto Kiesel/Carvin over the Ultra V. The Ultra V looks way less like a Gibson V than a Dean does. At what point does the court just tell Gibson to fuck off and quit wasting people's time?

Attachments

• gibson-vs-kiesel.jpg
    gibson-vs-kiesel.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 68

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
fuck gibson. seriously i hope they eat a bag of dicks and fall into a deep hole.

they have no good ideas and free falling revenue so they resort to frivolous lawsuits. that is a 100% bitch move in my book.

they should just go out of business and put a failbird x on their tombstone.

i really hope kiesel counter sues and at least gets their legal bills paid.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I don't think it'll ever get to court, at least not over the UltraV.

At this point, it's just a cease and decist letter, and those cost pennies (as far as legal services go) and have nothing but up-sides for them, except for potential negative PR. The recipient can ignore it, or they will stop making the guitar(s) they see as even a .01% competitor, or join their partner program. Apparently, Gibson sent one to Carvin years ago, but then retracted it. Jeff Kiesel even said they apologized for it back then.

This new letter also included the CS3/CS6 model, their carved-top single cut. Coser to an LP I think that PRS...and PRS won their actual lawsuit. So...I don't suspect this will go to court, either.

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
If I was in the market for a V shape, I would definitely buy a Kiesel. Love the Kiesel custom options and at this point with what Gibson has been doing with all these lawsuits, I don't see myself buying from them in the foreseeable future.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Gibson are such a vile organisation. I'd feel slimy playing a Gibson product these days, which I wouldn't anyway, since their stuff is clunky, old-fashioned crap.

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
You guys are now making me feel ashamed of my beloved Gibson.:(

;>)/

Nothing to feel ashamed about boss, it is unfortunate what Gibson has become in recent years but that should in no way cast a shadow on an instrument you love.

I have a 91 Limited Edition Gibson SG Celebrity Series that will be buried with me when the day comes, I have spent over half my life with this instrument and no corporate drama will ever change my love for it.

oracles

Reaction score
I cant believe how many people are genuinely so upset about this.

I have no stock in either brand, but I'd rather have a dogshit Gibson than an overly beleved, cumburst finished, 80% close to being the right shape Kiesel. Jeff is a walking two sizes too small, monster energy soaked affliction shirt, and it's not like he hasnt put out turds or pulled some shady BS since he took over.

Nothing is likely to come from this anyway, but the Gibson vitriol these days is ridiculous.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Jeff has got to be having a brogasm over this. Not saying Gibson is in the right by any means, but this plays right into the cult us vs everybody else crap Kiesel thrives on.

"Call my guys, we need the money to help the family fight the evil empire!"

Dude you aren’t wrong. I’m apart of the Facebook group (Hoping to place a basic build soon because lefty) and I can’t believe the psychobabble bullshit that so many asshats on that group post. Gibson shit is posted 5 times a day it seems, amongst other things like other brands ripping of Kiesels, etc.

It’s quite annoying to see, but I’ve heard amazing things about basic spec builds so I deal with it haha.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Dude you aren’t wrong. I’m apart of the Facebook group (Hoping to place a basic build soon because lefty) and I can’t believe the psychobabble bullshit that so many asshats on that group post. Gibson shit is posted 5 times a day it seems, amongst other things like other brands ripping of Kiesels, etc.

It’s quite annoying to see, but I’ve heard amazing things about basic spec builds so I deal with it haha.
That group is just a pure cancerous echo chamber. I had to leave it because I just couldn't take it anymore. Same can be said about pretty much every single Facebook group dedicated to one guitar company.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
That group is just a pure cancerous echo chamber. I had to leave it because I just couldn't take it anymore. Same can be said about pretty much every single Facebook group dedicated to one guitar company.

You could also replace "guitar" with:
  • Car
  • Show
  • Ski
  • Bicycle
  • Snowboard
  • Skateboard
  • Gun
  • Bow
  • Watch
  • Fishing boat
  • etc etc etc...
Basically, any 'enthusiast'-focused forum.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
...the Gibson vitriol these days is ridiculous.

Yeah, It's almost as ridiculous as this:

..overly beleved, cumburst finished, 80% close to being the right shape Kiesel. Jeff is a walking two sizes too small, monster energy soaked affliction shirt, and it's not like he hasnt put out turds or pulled some shady BS since he took over.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
The Judge presiding over this case waking up to see it on the docket for the first time

4E89B99600000578-0-image-a-39_1532439594179.jpg