Glarry GJAZZ opinions?

• Thread starter slim231990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Mk well after some time setting her up and playing thru an amp I found some more positives and negatives.

More Good:

-
Pickups Sound good to my ears. I was thinking about upgrading them right off the bat, but I think I'm just gonna stick with these.
- After a couple turns of a truss rod and some string height adjustment the action is pretty low and feels good to me.
- Neck is starting to feel more slick the more I play it, and the slightly splintery feel is almost totally gone.
- Strings that came on it feel good and sound good to me so I'm gonna keep them on.
- All electronics work
- Seems to hold tune well
- Tuners feel much better after slight adjustment
- No sharp frets or sprouting (frets aren't amazing, but I'm happy)

More Bad:

- After spending more time with the neck I noticed it does have more neck dive than I originally stated. It's not bad at all with a strap it just wants to go horizontal. Sitting in classical position it's great with your forearm on contour, but in the standard side of thigh seating position it wants to dive hard lol.
- Some screws are at the slightest angle. I'm guessing because they try to set it up as fast as possible in factory (this is more nit picking and small screws like pickguard screws, neck screws are good)
- Heel is bulky, but nothing that hinders my playing
- One small yellow streak on fretboard (again nit picking only about an inch long otherwise looks good)
- For some reason when you turn down one of the pickups it starts to hum like single coils tend to. I think they are single coils, so it makes sense lol. I just not too much experience with jazz bases so this could be totally normal. When both pickups are turned up there's no hum.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
But yea once again I definitely think it's worth a C-note and most youtube videos I watched were dead on! I can't guarantee your purchase is gonna turn out this good, but I think it's worth the risk if you that guy who just needs a cheap 5 for studio work, or are a beginner. I've played a bunch of Ibanez basses and have a Kiesel VB5 and while they were better built guitars, this thing totally nails the old fender feel and vibe to me. Also for anyone interested according to my music nomad set up kit the fretboard radius is compound 9.5-14. I'm not an expert but that's what my tools are reading lol. I'm going to put a sticker on the headstock covering the Glarry logo so when people play it and are like "man that's a cool as bass what brand is it?" I can reveal the truth with a big smile. :agreed: Anyways hope this helps someone.