Good brand for custom 7 string gauges, .011-.072

Rotatous

Reaction score
Title says it all- what's generally considered the best brand/company for this? Nobody seems to make a pack of strings with the right gauges for me, and they definitely don't have them at guitar center anymore so I thought I might as well order a custom pack.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AhsanU

pew pew.
Reaction score
That difference really isn't a thing to not go for it :lol: You could at least try it, they're not expensive, so go for it.

Some people are extremely picky with their string gauges. Happily, I'm not!

But at that sort of thickness.. he may be right. 0.02 of a difference really shouldn't be too noticeable I reckon.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
I would go Circle K, but if you want to go a little cheaper then just get D'addario and order from Juststrings.com

You could do an 11-52 6 string set and then add on a .72
That would probably work pretty good.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies- another concern of mine is that my Agile has a reverse headstock, and most strings I buy just BARELY make it to the first tuning peg. Anyone know if the strings mentioned would be long enough? Mainly worried about that low 72

Fry5150

#based
Reaction score
La bella can make the string long enoungh for the agile. Just include the guitar's model name where it ask.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yep Circle K. And they will fit no prob. Bear in mind their wounds are tighter than most - you will want a 70 from them.