Good places to buy single strings?

• Thread starter Anquished
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm wanting to experiment with some string gauges and wondered if anyone has any recommendations of where to get single strings from for a decent price? I've done a little bit of research but thought I'd ask incase anyone has found something better.

I usually use Regular D'addario strings or NYXL so it'd be a bonus if I could get those. I'm after either a 64, 68 or even a 70 to play with. Also I live in the UK if that helps.

Cheers!

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
I use www.guitarstringsonline.com. But I use freight-forwarding services for shipping strings to my country. They do ship internationally, though (except some particular brands which don't allow that).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
You could check out StringsDirect.co.uk, I used them when I had to replace a bass string, delivery was quick and the price was alright. I get my strings exclusively from them now.

Mike

Reaction score
I ordered from strings and beyond a couple of times and both times ended up with batches that had a few dead strings. I think companies like String Joy or Kalium that actually make and pack the strings are a safer bet for getting new condition singles then someone who just opens a bunch of manufacturers packs and leaves them sitting on shelves in their paper sleeves.

Obviously ymmv, but just something one should be aware of.