Google+

• Thread starter Cabinet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I think FB is dug in too deeply at this point in time for anyone else -- even the 'mighty' Google -- to come in with any reasonable competition for a good while yet. The tech residing in our homes and in our pockets is going to have to take another leap or two before anything revolutionary can surface.

My opinion, anyway. ;)

SilenceIsACrime

Indeed.
Reaction score
I read that they had reached their current trial run limit but as soon as they finish with that they will release it to the public. I really like the "circles" concept put forth - for times when I want to post a really lewd or potentially offending status but only to the people who would appreciate it (read: not family/family friends).

Not sure how they intend to compete with Facebook this late in the game, but they do have a pretty big name attached....

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
XKCD name dropped it. Guaranteed success.

Aw, :ninja:'d

googleplus.png

troyguitar

Reaction score
Facebook wasn't original either. This has a chance to take over. I don't really care either way though :lol: logging into facebook more than once in a given month is rare for me.

Skyblue

Reaction score
I'm definitely willing to check it out, but I don't know about the rest of the people I know. They might be slightly too hooked on fb to try something else... but we'll see.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I'm definitely willing to check it out, but I don't know about the rest of the people I know. They might be slightly too hooked on fb to try something else... but we'll see.
Only time will tell my friends.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I'll just copy/paste what I wrote on facebook (ironically) yesterday:

Got a Google+ invite today! :D
Quick rundown:
No annoying apps, no obscure group/event invites you don't care about, total control of your own data, total control of what you're sharing with who, cleaner and more polished design, great Google integration = better photos (picasa), better chat (gtalk) ++

I'm sorry Facebook, but when this thing opens for the masses, you may very well become the new MySpace.

Needless to say, I like it so far. It's how facebook should be. Honestly, I hope this thing will take over. Right now it feels like you've come early to a party though, just fooling around waiting for the party to get started you know.

Going back to facebook now already feels old. They've said they are working on a major update though, but even if facebook suddenly became just as good I would like Google to run this thing. Personally I just feel safer with Google, and because I use many Google services it's just a better fit for me.

invites anyone? :)

^I'm with him...

it sounds cool but how will we know.

If you pm me your emails I can try to send you an invite :)

Latest posts