Got this in the mail today.. (ISDN ok)

• Thread starter Kwirk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Picked this up today after a failed deliver attempt yesterday. I hate that. :mad:

Anyway:

A rectangular something or other appears:
33vdnp4.jpg

What's inside?
vs2w60.jpg

Sweet!
2nk8jsj.jpg

trollface.png

Wait a minute..
ji0tq9.jpg

Woooah, there's a guitar in here!
286smq8.jpg

wl5a8m.jpg

zksxkx.jpg

21ew1td.jpg

x3zd76.jpg

An RG2770FM to be exact. Found this sucker on eBay last week. The guy put it up as an early 90's model, then when he found out that it was actually made in 2004, he changed the ad and lowered the price. :lol: I'm not really sure what he was thinking either.

I never knew these even existed until I saw this one. They were only available in Japan for a period in 2004 apparently, although I should mention there were a few 770FM variations released in the past. I believe they made another small run of them in 2010 with Edge Zero bridges.

Strings are rusted to ass and it needs a good setup so I have no idea how it plays or sounds, but that can wait. The neck is 1mm thicker than an original Wizard/Super Wizard at it's thinnest point, but I honestly can't even tell unless I have both necks side by side for comparison. In other words, it feels great.

The finish looks awesome. The top is just a veneer, but I'm not complaining. The color is a deeper brown in person. Body is mahogany. Future upgrades are planned once my bank account recovers. :yesway:

1zqg8as.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
That thing is gorgeous. I'm jealous. Congrats!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
I'm super envious right now... The top doesn't look like it's just a veneer, though...? (or is it undyed mahogany around the egdes?)

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
^They make it look that way with the binding but when you look closer, you can see that the flame doesn't extend through the binding.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
WOW

Gorgeous guitar man, congrats.

I wish Ibanez offered more Prestiges like this in the USA.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Holy fucking hell. I've never even seen this model. That's fucking amazing.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
if i got a guitar and D3 in the mail on the same day......well....looks like the guitar would be collecting dust :lol:

happy ND3D and NGD too i guess

Fraz

Reaction score
How could the previous owner put it down long enough for the strings to rust? :O
That's one hell of a guitar dude!! nice score:hbang:

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
WOW

Gorgeous guitar man, congrats.

I wish Ibanez offered more Prestiges like this in the USA.
Absolutely. There are a ton of great Prestiges that are only available in Japan right now as well. I'm eyeing a few and may end up pulling the trigger on one in the distant future. Hell, even their Gios look better than a lot of the Prestiges we get here:

20-316676506_l.jpg

Latest posts