Got to watch The Cult live in concert!

• Thread starter littlebadboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

littlebadboy

Reaction score
One of the bands that inspired me to play was The Cult! I have always wanted to see them play live as a teenager in the 80s. Being in a third world Asian country, I always thought that there would be zero chance that they would come. If wouldn't have afforded the ticket anyway. It took me almost 4 decades to finally being able to watch them now that I'm in America, and even better because I was accompanied by my already adult son! I had the biggest smile watching them! What an amazing experience and show!

Pictures with description and a compilation video:

This was the stage level. I preferred the balcony as we get to sit and see the whole view of the set... part of my being a gear geek.

I realized that I am an oldie when I noticed that the crowd was composed of 99% daddys and mommys, and grandparents too!

And, the mayhem starts!

The vocal exciter, Ian Astbury! Looking good at 60!

My guitar idol, Billy Duffy with his black and lemon burst Les Pauls made by the Gibson custom shop! Not a flashy shredder, but very melodic.

Billy Duffy with his iconic Gretsch G7593T Falcons in black and white.

John Tempesta was on drums (ex Exodus, Testament and White Zombie), Grant Fitzpatrick on bass, and Damon Fox on keyboards.

I really enjoyed the show! I had the widest smile from start to end! It was a dream come true moment for me! The show was incredible too as it was like watching a non-stop action movie! My son enjoyed it a lot too eventhough it wasn't his generation!

Thanks for reading and watching!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Absolutely love hearing how great of an experience this was for you. Long time fan myself but regardless... really glad you got to see one of your faves. Sounds like a blast!

Demiurge

Reaction score
They were one of my all-time favorite shows, saw them at a small club in support of Beyond Good and Evil. So much energy. And so loud. Couldn't hear a damn thing for days after.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I haven't seen them in 25 years, but they put on a killer show. I saw Ian on the Doors tour, but I don't remember any of it...

devastone

Reaction score
I saw them in Denver on the Beyond Good and Evil tour, wow, that's been a while... Great show, Billy Morrison was playing bass and I think Matt Sorum was on drums. I missed them this year, still kinda kicking myself.

Glad you finally got to see them and great to hear they still put on a great show! Sonic Temple and BG&E are still in my regular rotation.