Gotoh GE1996T-7 Drop-In For Lo Pro Edge 7?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Thank you for the link.
Setup and intonated.
2 observations:
A) a .056 is still too flappy on this guitar. Works fine on my Carvin, but the Ibby hates the loose flappy buzziness. Will give a .058 or even a .060 a try.
B) The intonation screws are still too long for the Ibby cavity on the E, A, and Low B strings. Gonna have to get some shorter ones if I want to pull sharp at all, which I do.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I set up as a hard tail first, truss rod adjust, action, intonation, with the trem block and no springs, just string tension. Get the profile of the base plate close to dead flat perpendicular to the body face. Now it sits for a few days to let the neck “settle” under tension at pitch, From there, I’ll add the springs and tighten to the point that the coins release, then adjust the claw screws to final pitch. Takes all of that “back and forth” out of the process.

Attachments

• IMG_5605.jpeg
    IMG_5605.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5604.jpeg
    IMG_5604.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 4

7StringsRule

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
a .056 is still too flappy on this guitar. Works fine on my Carvin, but the Ibby hates the loose flappy buzziness. Will give a .058 or even a .060 a try.
I use .62 Ernie Ball cobalt strings for drop A or A standard. Works great with little pitch drift. The RG7620 only has a 25.5 scale length so heavier strings are needed to avoid pitch drift. I’ve tried .58 Elixirs those still drifted too much in A but might hold up if you’re in B. .64 NYXLs also drifted more, the cobalts are just better in this regard but they do feel very different and are harder to pick and the heavier gauge will make trem movement harder.