Grohl breaks his leg and still plays show

• Thread starter MetalheadMC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RobbYoung

Psalm Mutes End Wars
Reaction score
Seeing them in London next week, hope he doesn't damage the leg further by playing shows his body doesn't want to! :ugh:

Would much rather a healthy Dave than to see him in pain on stage.

rokket2005

Reaction score
This is almost like that time Andrew WK broke his foot, played the rest of the show, signed autographs after the show while he was sitting in the ambulance, and then played the rest of the tour in a wheelchair.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome. A lot of my friends were at that show last night, first time I've felt it was okay to be posting videos on Facebook in the middle of a show :lol:

Underworld

Reaction score
Very awesome of him! But I have tickets to see Foo Fighters in a month, I HOPE they won't cancel the show :-(

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
Nothing will beat for me, however, an incident with a local band that happened a few years ago.

The stage was a little wobbly, so when the vocalist stepped backwards, it went out from under him, taking his knee and back with it - he just crawled to the front of the stage, said "I think I just ....ing broke my leg" and then continued singing until the paramedics arrived and made him leave - at which point the guitarist took over vocals.

He's still on prescription pain meds from that, I found out.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
And yet again, Grohl proves what a class act he really is. I saw that ....ing fall and that fracture had to be unbelievably painful. He just handled the whole thing like a ....ing boss.

vent187

Reaction score
mvb6t.jpg

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the photographers at the gig got screwed. The contract you had to sign to get a photo pass meant that none of the pro shots of the gig were allowed to be published anywhere except like one magazine because of the Foo's management. So when suddenly every major news network in the world started calling and asking for pictures, these poor guys who never get paid anyway had to turn them down. And instead some chum taking cellphone pics from the audience is selling their crappy shots for what is actually a pretty big news event. Professional photographers really can't catch a break :lol:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Well according to Gigwise this weekend at Wembley is still on as is the rest of the tour inc Glastonbury.... personally not a fan of the Foo Fighters music, not my cuppa tea but always been a big fan of Dave Grohl the person. LOTS of other "rockstars" could see him and then take a little look in the mirror....

here's footage off Gigwise of him playing with the broken leg. Fair fcukign play to the man! :metal:

Foo Fighters cancel tour dates after Dave Grohl breaks leg | Gigwise