Gsp1101 vs g-major for effects

• Thread starter Miklagaard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Miklagaard

Reaction score
hey guys im trying to decide on an effects processor to get rid of having to dance all over pedals. Im thinking either the digigtech gsp 1101 or the tc electronic g major, both seem to have ups and down on each other, i noticed that the gsp 1101 has a tuner built into the ground controller so thats kind a bonus, and i like that it can also act as a preamp, but the g-major has that ability to controll an amps channel switching if its midi and so it just seems to be better quality(im not sure though)

so what do you guys think, gsp1101 or g-major

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want amp modelling the GSP is the clear choice, but for just straight effects I'd get the G-Major, as TC's delays, choruses, reverbs, etc. I find to be of higher quality.

Miklagaard

Reaction score
im not really looking for amp modelling im more looking for an effects processor, a just see it as a bonus that comes with the gsp 1101 so that if i ever need it, its their

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
hey guys im trying to decide on an effects processor to get rid of having to dance all over pedals. Im thinking either the digigtech gsp 1101 or the tc electronic g major, both seem to have ups and down on each other, i noticed that the gsp 1101 has a tuner built into the ground controller so thats kind a bonus, and i like that it can also act as a preamp, but the g-major has that ability to controll an amps channel switching if its midi and so it just seems to be better quality(im not sure though)

so what do you guys think, gsp1101 or g-major

the gsp1101 can control an amps channel switching as well....check out my video on youtube which shows exactly how it works and how to program an amp with MIDI so the GSP switches channels automatically on your amp.i would go with the GSP cuz u get the amp models, all the effects, MIDI control. i didn't think i would like the amp models either, but boy was i wrong. they sound damn good....i feel like i own about 40 different amps!!! i have some videos demo'n a few of the heavy amps as well...just go to my channel on youtube and see/hear for yourself.

Universe74

Reaction score
The gmajor does that for me with the analog relays. That being said I have both units and love both of them.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I just got a G Major to go with my 1101. Having a time trying to get a lush chorus for my cleans or a sweeping flanger for certain parts. The menu's are so different. Flange in the 1101 is ok but trying to get the sweep and not muddy my notes on the lower register is tough. As for the 1101, the e530 patch, the 5150, and the rg100 are regulars in my stable, but there's a noise issue like a humming when I'm palm muting thats still bugging me, maybe its just my unit. You can hear it right before the gate kicks in. Happens when using it with an amp, too.

Miklagaard

Reaction score
are the effects in the 2 units of the same quality or does the effects in one of the two units just sound generally better

ryan9896

Rip it!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
I just got a G Major to go with my 1101. Having a time trying to get a lush chorus for my cleans or a sweeping flanger for certain parts. The menu's are so different. Flange in the 1101 is ok but trying to get the sweep and not muddy my notes on the lower register is tough. As for the 1101, the e530 patch, the 5150, and the rg100 are regulars in my stable, but there's a noise issue like a humming when I'm palm muting thats still bugging me, maybe its just my unit. You can hear it right before the gate kicks in. Happens when using it with an amp, too.

try using less gain on the preamp settings and use an overdrive pedal in front, that should eliminate that buzzing. i find if you go to high with the gain on the GSP pre-amps, u get a bit of fuzz with palm mutes and string mutes in general.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
are the effects in the 2 units of the same quality or does the effects in one of the two units just sound generally better

I'm still determining that. But with the 1101 you are limited to 1 modulation type effect at a time. Same with the G Major, I think. This is where the Line 6 stuff has a leg up.