Guitar Cabinet opinion

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The 1936 cab is pretty solid, why not try a couple of different speakers in it first? That would be much cheaper, plus having two different speakers in the cab would give you more variety for recording. Or if nothing else, it will give you a better idea of what speakers you like so you can narrow down your choices for your next cab :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NateFalcon

Reaction score
The only thing that comes close to a 412 bottom and punch in a 212 package is a Genz Benz Gflex 212...a sealed 212 just doesn’t have the same frequency response

Diaolosh

Reaction score
The only thing that comes close to a 412 bottom and punch in a 212 package is a Genz Benz Gflex 212...a sealed 212 just doesn’t have the same frequency response

Never heard of them! On a quick google search i found they are very decent. Unfortunately not so much for us in Europe pricewise

Diaolosh

Reaction score
The 1936 cab is pretty solid, why not try a couple of different speakers in it first? That would be much cheaper, plus having two different speakers in the cab would give you more variety for recording. Or if nothing else, it will give you a better idea of what speakers you like so you can narrow down your choices for your next cab :2c:

I haven't thought of it actually untill today that I found an deal for a 2x12 Benton with v30 for 160 euros! I could swap these into the Marshall and upgrade the cab untill I get the extra cash for a 1960V!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't thought of it actually untill today that I found an deal for a 2x12 Benton with v30 for 160 euros! I could swap these into the Marshall and upgrade the cab untill I get the extra cash for a 1960V!

Buying a cab that isn't the 1960 just sets you back on actually buying the 1960 though.

Diaolosh

Reaction score
Buying a cab that isn't the 1960 just sets you back on actually buying the 1960 though.
That's very true budda, there's so many expenses at the moment I was hoping to find a way to cope with everything.In this scenario I'll be upgrading my existing 1936 into a v30 one at the price of one speaker, That's not so bad

laxu

Reaction score
That's very true budda, there's so many expenses at the moment I was hoping to find a way to cope with everything.In this scenario I'll be upgrading my existing 1936 into a v30 one at the price of one speaker, That's not so bad

You could just buy the speakers used too, maybe even try a mixed speaker set. I liked a combination of V30 and G12H-100 in a 2x12 cab I used to have.