Guitar intonation problem!

xdenzleed

Reaction score
I looked everywhere for a solution and I nothing is helping, I looked if I could find something on this site but nothing. I got my Dean Dime-O-Flange in C standard and when I come to intonating the 3rd (D#) and 4th (A#) string they are always too sharp and no matter what I do they don't seem to budge. I'm using a Boss TU80 tuner and the guitar has two seymour duncan pick ups built in, hope this extra info might help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

h410G3n

Reaction score
Did you check the height of the pickups? Magnetic pull can sometimes cause issues. Also, are you intonating with a fresh set of strings on your guitar? Post the string gauge on your guitar as well, might be too heavy.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Magnetic pull is far less of a problem on humbucker guitars, but can still be an issue if you've got the pickups reeeeally high.

If the intonation just isn't moving when you adjust it, you may have a stripped screw(s) in the bridge. If the screw is stripped badly enough, I imagine the saddle would just move all the way forward (towards the neck) and be unable to move.

Could you upload a picture of your bridge? Also, what strings/gauges are you using?

xdenzleed

Reaction score
Here is my bridge. I'm using 11 gauge strings

Attachments

• bridge 1.jpg
    bridge 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 30
  • bridge 2.jpg
    bridge 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 24

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Duuuuuuude.....looks like 3 of your saddles are on backwards.... 0_o

EDIT: Your BRIDGE is on backwards...

h410G3n

Reaction score
I think they meant the saddles. Turning your entire bridge doesn't help. Are you intonating using fresh strings?

xdenzleed

Reaction score
Yes I'm using fresh string. I went and got someone to help me with my guitar and it might be the saddle being ....ed. according to him the strings are only off by 10 cents. So can anyone recommend any good bridges?

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
I always heard the TOM intonation screws should face forward so they don't come in contact with the strings as they angle over the back of the bridge.

The saddles look right, flipped on the lowest strings to allow a little extra travel if needed.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I only want to learn!

wilch

Reaction score
How's your neck relief?

When I was learning how to set intonation on a troublesome guitar it all came down to the neck having too much relief.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Duuuuuuude.....looks like 3 of your saddles are on backwards.... 0_o

EDIT: Your BRIDGE is on backwards...

This.

Also, getting a plain 3rd string to intonate correctly in D# is gonna be a pain no matter what. Try out a wound 24 and the saddle won't have to be pushed super far back since the core of the string is thinner.