Guitar Recommendations!

• Thread starter JTO
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JTO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi!

The last few months I've been planning my next guitar, saving up and browsing the web for the right one for me.

I have a budget for around 2500$ but will gladly settle for cheaper if I find the right one.
But 2500 is my limit.

I have been looking at the Ibanez prestige line and the only eye-catching guitars there for me is the
Ibanez RGDR4327 and the Ibanez RGR752AHBF
But as far as the specs goes, those guitars is not really what I'm looking for.

I would like a 7-string either ST style or Tele style guitar with fishman pickups and an Evertune bridge.
I've found that Solar has tons of these guitars with the specs I want and they look good aswell.

But I would like some further recommendations as I'm not the biggest gearguy and don't know that many brands besides the standards like Ibanez, ESP, Scehcter and stuff like that.

I have an Ibanez RGIF7 that I really like and an ESP/LTD eclipse 401 that I really like aswell, so I've just always thought that I'd just go for any of those brands, but it might be more fun to try something new.

I would love to have an MIJ guitar like the Ibanez prestige but if the Indonesian-made Solar has the specs I want and still looks good, then where it's made doesn't really matter all that much.
The looks of the guitar is actually more important for me than where it's made, since I know that a pretty guitar will make me play even more.

My preferences in looks is mostly modern, like the mayones duvells, and the Skervesen Raptors. But even used, those are out of my budget.
But i still enjoy the more classical glossy finishes that ESP puts out aswell.

I would love some suggestions, either if there are some brands I should check out, some models from previously mentioned brands or just recommendations on what you would have gotten with if you had that budget to choose from.
This is the first time I feel like I'm going ''High-End'' so it's a big deal for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JTO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you need the Evertune on your 7? That'll affect your choices by quite a lot.
Not necessarily, I just Like evertune and I would prefer to have it, but if I'd find the right one and it's just a fixed bridge that would be okay!
One setback for me as far as many Ibanez prestiges is the FR's. Not really my thing..

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
If you're looking at Evertune as something that's important, Solar is kinda the way to go. ESP has some, like the LTD MH-1007 Evertune. Ibanez makes the Apex 30, which comes standard with the ET. Honestly, my next 7 string purchase is gonna be the Schecter Tao 7. That guitar is insane, and the one I'd recommend if you're ok with a fixed bridge.

I feel you on not wanting a Floyd - I hate them too. I've only got two guitars with them, and the only reason I kept them is that I love the guitars enough to block it and ignore it.

Otherwise, if ET is important, Solar has the best options for what you're after, imo.

JTO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you're looking at Evertune as something that's important, Solar is kinda the way to go. ESP has some, like the LTD MH-1007 Evertune. Ibanez makes the Apex 30, which comes standard with the ET. Honestly, my next 7 string purchase is gonna be the Schecter Tao 7. That guitar is insane, and the one I'd recommend if you're ok with a fixed bridge.

I feel you on not wanting a Floyd - I hate them too. I've only got two guitars with them, and the only reason I kept them is that I love the guitars enough to block it and ignore it.

Otherwise, if ET is important, Solar has the best options for what you're after, imo.
I'd manage with a regular fixed bridge aswell.
Yeah I've heard good about Schecters, alot of people seem to think that they have the best quality as far as indonesian guitars go.
They've never really spoken to me that much but I might need to check out them a little bit closer before I settle for one!

JTO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
By the way, Is the E-II alot higher in quality compared to Ibanez prestige? I know that they are different factorys in Japan, but the pricing is alot different.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Currently that's arguably the case in regard to value overall, but perhaps not quality. Ibanez prestige model line is less showy, easier to get right, fewer or less expensive visual embellishments. The E-II guitars are a bit fancier, US domestic parts typically, but in my experience not built with the same consistency in regard to quality all over. Can find outstanding guitars in either camp if it's just about preference.

Reactions: JTO

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
As far as Prestige vs E-II, I go Prestige, personally. Nothing wrong with E-II at all. I just prefer higher-end Ibanezes... Ibane - Ibanii? I like their expensive stuff better :lol:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
1706667293741.png

Either of those. Jackson has everything you want though.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tele style:

ST style:

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you want to stay with Ibanez quality, couple of recommendations:

Ibanez RGDR4427FX. It's the fixed bridge variant of RGDR4327 and will be a top notch Prestige guitar you expect it to be. Same killer guitar, less hassle. You can always swap pickups and I also recommend checking out Seymour Duncan Retributions (Dino Cazares signatures) while they are still available. Great guitar if you want to sport an edgy look from a reputable brand.

FGN Mythic 7. Made by the very same luthiers at the very same factory that RGDR4427FX is made. It's Fujigen in-house brand. It kind of looks like RGR752AHBF, but build quality is on RGDR4427FX level. Yes, not all Prestiges are equal. Attention to detail is better than on 3-digit Prestiges. It undercuts RGDR4427FX by $1K and come with Fishman Moderns. Caveat: TOM bridge and a soft gig-bag. But with this kind of price difference, you can easily buy a tolex case or a Reunion Blues reinforced gigbag (the same ones Caparisons come with). Great option if you don't want to pay for Hoshino Gakki's brand name.

I don't care for Evertune, but if it's an absolute must, there are great option from Jackson and Schecter well within your budget.

JTO

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you want to stay with Ibanez quality, couple of recommendations:

Ibanez RGDR4427FX. It's the fixed bridge variant of RGDR4327 and will be a top notch Prestige guitar you expect it to be. Same killer guitar, less hassle. You can always swap pickups and I also recommend checking out Seymour Duncan Retributions (Dino Cazares signatures) while they are still available. Great guitar if you want to sport an edgy look from a reputable brand.

FGN Mythic 7. Made by the very same luthiers at the very same factory that RGDR4427FX is made. It's Fujigen in-house brand. It kind of looks like RGR752AHBF, but build quality is on RGDR4427FX level. Yes, not all Prestiges are equal. Attention to detail is better than on 3-digit Prestiges. It undercuts RGDR4427FX by $1K and come with Fishman Moderns. Caveat: TOM bridge and a soft gig-bag. But with this kind of price difference, you can easily buy a tolex case or a Reunion Blues reinforced gigbag (the same ones Caparisons come with). Great option if you don't want to pay for Hoshino Gakki's brand name.

I don't care for Evertune, but if it's an absolute must, there are great option from Jackson and Schecter well within your budget.
Wow. I had no idea that prestiges could vary in quality. Really good to know!
If I would get the prestige, I would like the best one.
It’s just the psychological feeling of ”If I’d pay big money for a prestige I’d rather add a few $$ and get the better one”.

How different is the feeling of an Ibanez prestige compared to a good indonesian made RGIF7? I can’t really find any flaws on mine atleast.
I’m not really a shredder but more of a groovy riff-player and play more bendy solos that ain’t to complicated or technical.

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RGDR4427FX will feel much nicer in hands. There is just so much more attention to detail. Let's put it this way - there ain't any flaws in a Toyota, but it ain't no Lexus. If you can't drive a Toyota, don't expect to drive any better in a Lexus.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Since you're considering RGD, you should try one before bying. The longer 26.5 " is great for tension, but it's not for everyone. Im thinking since you play EC 407, the difference will be something to consider.