Guitar Selling Help (Opinions Needed)

Bucketheadtwo

ΔSCΞΠD BΞYΘΠD
Reaction score
I'm trying to sell my Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 on CL.
I'm asking $550 obo, as $550 seems like a a good high price, and it's what
I've seen other people sell theirs at. I offered to trade one guy my Xiphos for his RG350m (yellow, maple board). It's been upgraded with green Evo II pickups (never tried, but shouldn't be bad, can always be replaced anyways) and an ugly pickguard (more easily replaced). He also says it's flawless. While the RG is a cheaper guitar than my Xiphos, I've always wanted one like it (especially the maple board). I also don't value my Xiphos very high anymore and am not attached to it.

HOWEVER, the newer RG450m (Jetstream Green) is the same, but newer and with a better bridge. It's $400 and has a higher model number (does that even matter?). I was thinking that I could trade my Xiphos in to GC and just use the money to buy one of those new. Now, of course GC won't give me a lot of money, but there aren't a lot of places around me that would buy it.

I'm not really getting any offers for cash or trade other than for the RG, and I kind of want it so I can upgrade it and make it my next little project. Plus, I really enjoy RGs, my RG7321 being my favorite guitar. I just want another 6 so that I can have one for higher tunings, one for lower, and my 7 for that range.

What do you guys think I should do?
Should I see what I can get for it at GC?
Should I trade the guy for the RG?
Should I just wait it out?

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
ok first thing, dont sell it to GC. They will rape you for all your worth. unless you are a crack addict and you need money for, well, more crack, dont sell it to GC. If you need money more than you need a guitar, keep trying to sell it. You could also try your hand on ebay, or in the marketplace here. If you dont really need the money, and you like RGs, go for the trade, or maybe ask for a trade plus some money on their end.

Latest posts