Guitars you wish came in 7 strings

• Thread starter Wrecklyss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I’d like 7 string versions of iconic guitars. Like a 7 string Jem would be cool. I mean, another one, cuz the 7v7s are like hens teeth. Or a 7 string Frankie. A 7 lynch Mom. Etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wearingthegrudge

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant you'll never find them for a price you'd want to pay, or rather a price I want to pay. I'd like to see something like the LP Studio or Modern done in 7 with a production lot large enough to be able to buy them new without too much chasing.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Les Paul, PRS Custom 24, one of the Reverends. That's about it?

mrdm53

Reaction score
Charvel era 80's with sharp headstock and single bridge pickup only, and Floyd Rose 7.

Tbh i'm not into modern Charvel with Fender headstock.

MrHelloGuitar

Reaction score
I would love to see a 7 string from Millimetric. They're a small company out of Quebec here in Canada and I can confirm that their guitars are out of this world haha

Moltar

Reaction score
Every guitar I like and want, that isn't a 7 string. Smartass response I know heh.

EDIT: A lot of guitars... a ton of guitars. More than I could afford :lol:

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Les Paul, PRS Custom 24, one of the Reverends. That's about it?
Do you mean a production SE or Core custom 24? Because a 7 string custom 24 is available through private stock already. Also assuming when you say Les Paul you mean a genuine gibson and not the epiphone model that matt heafy had out for several years.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Do you mean a production SE or Core custom 24? Because a 7 string custom 24 is available through private stock already. Also assuming when you say Les Paul you mean a genuine gibson and not the epiphone model that matt heafy had out for several years.

Both of these things, yes. I mean a core custom 7. Still an outrageous price but not Private Stock unobtainable for me. Gibson did a few but they went very quickly and have not come up for sale so I presume even with the shorter scale they bang.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Ibanez SZ. Pretty sure they never made any. I'd like to see the SZ headstock on more models.

Really wish they'd release another 7 string Iceman, too.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Before I knew anything about Oni, my dream guitar was a Parker Fly Deluxe with 7 strings and an extended scale length or multiscale. When I asked Parker, they of course said they were incapable of making the larger fretboard for either an extended scale or for a seven string. I said that if that was the only issue, I'd take one with a Spanish Fly fretboard (2" nut) and whatever scale length they could do and they got angry with me.

I found out that Emerald guitar made a seven string acoustic with a Parker fretboard. I contacted Emerald and they said they could make a solid body out of styrofoam with a carbon fiber resin exo, with a Parker fretboard, at 27" or whatever, for something like $7-8k USD. It was going to be like a cross between an Ibanez S and BCR Mockingbird body. It would have been super cool, but I balked at the price, and the opportunity passed. Emerald ran into some troubles and closed their custom shop.

Then I found Dan on here and he was able to make me something 100% bespoke that surpassed the spec's of the two previous plans by a mile and cost me significantly less than the Emerald. The funny thing is that it's not even a seven, but an eight. So the story has a happy ending.

The craziest part, though, is that, just before they went belly up, Parker made a handful of seven string Flys. They were a big step up in price and a small step down in construction from the Deluxes. I searched for one at the time and couldn't get my hands on one. Turns out the few that were made flew off the shelves and their owners became extremely reluctant to let go of them. The first time I came across an available one, the price was outrageous and I had lost 70% of my interest.

Still, though, I think I'd flip shit if I ever saw a seven string baritone Fly Deluxe (or Classic or Artist or whatever).