Hadean ELS 8 at Rondo

• Thread starter Bownze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bownze

Keeping it weird
Reaction score
Eight stringer for the paltry sum of $169.95 (if the price gets edited out, it's less than 2 bills including shipping). Description says "extremely limited production". Description also says "New SX 8 string Septor". So who knows what "brand" it is exactly. Theres no name on the headstock, it says it's made in China, and it has 8 strings. An 8 string for less than 2 bones! Seems like a bargain, so I pulled the trigger and it's on it's way. Just figured I'd give a heads up to y'all.

Does anybody have one of these already, or know anything about them?

http://www.rondomusic.com/els8.html

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

endmysuffering

I'm serious
Reaction score
Eight stringer for the paltry sum of $169.95 (if the price gets edited out, it's less than 2 bills including shipping). Description says "extremely limited production". Description also says "New SX 8 string Septor". So who knows what "brand" it is exactly. Theres no name on the headstock, it says it's made in China, and it has 8 strings. An 8 string for less than 2 bones! Seems like a bargain, so I pulled the trigger and it's on it's way. Just figured I'd give a heads up to y'all.

Does anybody have one of these already, or know anything about them?

http://www.rondomusic.com/els8.html

I've no experience, but I'm pretty sure rondo would spec it similarly to an agile and I do have one of those and it's great.

vick1000

Reaction score
They had a better version before, with a laminated neck. Or maybe that was an SX. I think your better off with a used RG8.

downburst82

Reaction score
They had a better version before, with a laminated neck. Or maybe that was an SX. I think your better off with a used RG8.

It does say in the specs its a 5 piece maple neck. Still you might be right about the rg8 being a better way to go.

Bownze

Keeping it weird
Reaction score
It does say in the specs its a 5 piece maple neck. Still you might be right about the rg8 being a better way to go.

Yeah, it also has a wiring diagram posted for active pups, but the description says the pups are "SX passive". Oh, that wacky Rondo... :scratch:

I just checked out ebay. This brand new guitar is a better deal than any active or recent past won RG8 auctions new or used. Both similarly equipped imports as well. This'll be my first 8 string, so if it's not for me I can likely recoup my $200 upon selling it. I went through 2 7-stringers before I found one that felt "right", and that was probably getting off easy. Come to think of it, I broke even on those guitars too... :yesway:

BangandBreach

Kaboom.
Reaction score
Yeah, it also has a wiring diagram posted for active pups, but the description says the pups are "SX passive". Oh, that wacky Rondo... :scratch:

I just checked out ebay. This brand new guitar is a better deal than any active or recent past won RG8 auctions new or used. Both similarly equipped imports as well. This'll be my first 8 string, so if it's not for me I can likely recoup my $200 upon selling it. I went through 2 7-stringers before I found one that felt "right", and that was probably getting off easy. Come to think of it, I broke even on those guitars too... :yesway:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ibanez/RG8-8-String-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-112634331.gc