Hard Cider Recommendation/Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Great News!

Leprechaun Cider is now shipping Half and Full cases of their Hard Cider and the Dry Cider.

I highly recommend the Hard Cider!

Leprechaun Cider Company > Shop

Currently it's only available to ship to the states listed in the drop down menu, due to the complexities and laws with shipping wine/alcohol.

ThrustTony

Reaction score
This looks like a good thread for me to comment on as I'm from the West Country in England.

Try Old Rosie, Cheddar Valley and Black Rat

All scrumpy that will blow your mind! lol

Our Bassist played half a gig before realising the Bassist who had leant him a wireless system had actually taken it home so he'd been playing silent for the last 5 tracks! That would be the jars of Old Rosie he'd drank before going on!! Lol

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
if anyone has a chance to try this, i rate it very highly. Montieth's crushed apple cider. seriously tasty, almost clear apple cider. so tasty that when a friend and i went out a while ago for "a few ciders" and found that they had this on tap. we ended up drinking jugg after jugg of it. although i guess that still counts as "a few ciders" yeah? :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
  1. Because it's Irish
  2. Because it's apple (usually drier), not pear
  3. Because, aesthetically, it just looks good :cool:

Cool info man, I'm going to look into that. :wub: :cheers:

Also, I couldn't believe my local liquor store had it (b/c I've been hounding other places to order it for me), but I came across some Magner's pear cider, which I've heard was dang good. A bit too sweet for me, but was THE smoothest cider I've had to date. Rly good.

magners-pear-cider1.jpg

I tried this the other day also, as I have a thing for perry, but damn, this was way too sweet. It was like drinking juice. I suppose it was smooth, but overly sweet liquer and myself do not get along.

Still hate all you Englishmen with you access to good cider, we get shit all in Canada, and there are no local ciders that are worthy of note.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
They posted on their FB that they were on their last case already, and it's only been out since the end of July.

Hopefully the 2 bottles I special ordered will be in tomorrow. Oh god, I need the sweet delicious strawberry alcohol.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Sad news:

Strawberry Seasonal has sold out in Houston.
Downtown Houston Spec's is showing -46 (too many ordered, not enough supply).

I have 2 Leprechaun Dry on order, should be here next week or the week after

Hybrid138

Reaction score
I found Strongbow disgusting but Woodchuck Amber to be very drinkable. It tasted like the best apple soda I've ever had and it happened to have alcohol. I thought Strongbow tasted like apple juice mixed with Miller Lite...

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
OH HEY HOW ABOUT MORE CIDER?!

Leprechaun is doing Pomegranate all year round!

texshred777

Reaction score
Last week I got to try this years strawberry seasonal from Leprechaun. Last year it was sold out everywhere and I couldn't find it.

Was ok, not as good as I expected. Their normal golden cider is much better, imo.

The pomegranate is tasty though. Makes a really good sake bomb.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
really liked the pomegranate, too. I don't know if I like the Dry or Golden better, though.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Last week I got to try this years strawberry seasonal from Leprechaun. Last year it was sold out everywhere and I couldn't find it.

Was ok, not as good as I expected. Their normal golden cider is much better, imo.

The pomegranate is tasty though. Makes a really good sake bomb.

I saw that the other day at my local store and almost bought it (but was broke hahah).

Was the strawberry seasonal sweet? I'm a dry cider guy myself.