Has Anyone Else Heard Of This Signature ESP Star?

RLG167

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was looking around and came across as old ad from ESP from 2013 for a signature EII made for a guy named Stu Marshall, a Random Star. Its a pretty great spec, looks to be Mahogany body, unfinished Maple neck-through, Flame Maple top, Ebony fretboard with block inlays, 24 frets, ToM bridge with string through, EMG hum/single layout, all finished in trans purple with gold hardware. I've been looking all over and can't find anything about it anywhere. Not sure if it was a one-off or what? I read on a couple websites that it was a signature model EII, but nobody seems to have one? I found a photo album of one posted on the ESP website by the guy who's sig it is, it looks great
https://www.espguitars.com/photos/2044352
Honestly if I was to spec out a CS ESP it would be this haha
So, have any of you guys heard of this? Does anyone have any info on it?
Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like he's a guitarist from Australia. Maybe contact bMusic, they're pretty much the authority on all things ESP Down Under.

RLG167

Reaction score
Looks like he's a guitarist from Australia. Maybe contact bMusic, they're pretty much the authority on all things ESP Down Under.
I'll shoot them an email, I just cant figure out why I can't find a single thing online about these guitars other than the one the guy himself owns. It's a great spec, I'd be surprised if people didn't buy them

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Stu is a legend over here, used to be in the band Dungeon (now LORD). I've only ever seen his in the wild, haven't seen any other dudes with it. From memory if you go through bMusic in Australia you can get it, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Australian exclusive (we actually get quite a few of those).

Dcm81

Reaction score
I'll shoot them an email, I just cant figure out why I can't find a single thing online about these guitars other than the one the guy himself owns. It's a great spec, I'd be surprised if people didn't buy them
There's different comments under different pics. This one for example:

"Stu Marshall wrote 5 years ago
I am an esp endorser. it was custom built from Japan. its amazing. I really hope it goes into production"
....probably just never did.

RLG167

Reaction score
I still sent BMusic an email just to see if they know if it was ever in production, let's see what they say. It's 2am here in New York but according to Google it's about 3pm in South Australia so hopefully they're open and they see it haha

RLG167

Reaction score
Just got this email back from BMusic, mystery solved...
"HI,
Thanks for your enquiry.
That was produced for Stu when he was an ESP endorsee, a favour to him from ESP Japan. There were never plans to make any more.
Kind regards,
Shane"
That really sucks, I think it's one of the nicest EII models I've seen

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Stu is a legend over here, used to be in the band Dungeon (now LORD). I've only ever seen his in the wild, haven't seen any other dudes with it. From memory if you go through bMusic in Australia you can get it, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was an Australian exclusive (we actually get quite a few of those).

:agreed: Great player and all round great dude.

Post Dungeon he's done a few bands like Death Dealer with Ross The Boss, Blasted To Static and Night Legion among others. And yeah, that ESP is rad. He's got a few other custom finished ESPs that also look stellar.

Though he's been a free agent of late and playing both his ESP and a bunch of Les Pauls.

Last edited: