Has anyone gotten a chance to read the James Hetfield book "Messengers"?

• Thread starter Franko
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

randall696

Reaction score
Whoa that is awesome. Custom shop eclipse?
Nope it’s a standard series eclipse from 2007 unfortunately the purple satin finish wasn’t that beloved back then so only a handful where made… but that’s makes my axe kind of a unicorn xD and it’s a 4 Knob full thickness that’s even rarer
All other Purple Satin Eclipse I saw didn’t had the full thickness body.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I think that there's an argument to be made that as soon as artists get big enough to get their own signatures gear the quality of their sound goes downhill.

I have yet to be proven wrong and no i will not name examples because I'm lazy.
I remember when IX Equilibrium came out and wondering why the guitar tone sounded like grainy ass. I later read Ihsahn saying they finally made enough money to buy proper gear and recorded the album with USA Jacksons through Marshall stacks instead of the shitty ESP and Kramer guitars through the shitty Peavey Bandit that sounded so good on the previous two albums.

The best Rammstein tones came from their first two albums when they used SansAmp PSA 1 and a Mesa Triaxis straight into the recording desk and no amps or cabinets.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Bought it on Amazon to check if there is any info about his 2004 custom Purple refinished Gibson LP…. View attachment 140473
since it said it will cover all Hetfield‚s guitars…
wasn’t the case so I returned it xD

How much stuff about his Les Pauls is in it? Like Load-St Anger era, not the new ones. I saw one he had custom painted in a video from back then that I thought was badass looking and I'll be damned if I can remember what it looked like.

gnoll

Reaction score
I remember when IX Equilibrium came out and wondering why the guitar tone sounded like grainy ass. I later read Ihsahn saying they finally made enough money to buy proper gear and recorded the album with USA Jacksons through Marshall stacks instead of the shitty ESP and Kramer guitars through the shitty Peavey Bandit that sounded so good on the previous two albums.

The best Rammstein tones came from their first two albums when they used SansAmp PSA 1 and a Mesa Triaxis straight into the recording desk and no amps or cabinets.

Do you have sources for that Rammstein info? I always thought Richard had used rectos with miced cabs for a long time. But I'm always interested in new info/interviews etc.

But I do think their tone peaked on Mutter and RR/R for sure.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Do you have sources for that Rammstein info? I always thought Richard had used rectos with miced cabs for a long time. But I'm always interested in new info/interviews etc.

But I do think their tone peaked on Mutter and RR/R for sure.
I'll have to find it again but I definitely read about it in the past few months.