Has Anyone Seen This Washburn Dime Guitar? (Pics)

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
I own a Washburn Dime 332 guitar (I was told they are limited when I bought it, not sure if that is true). I dislike Washburn, I've never played a Washburn that I liked, they feel cheap in my opinion. But this Dime guitar plays amazing, and sounds brutal and heavy. This is the only Washburn that I have ever liked, and felt comfortable in my hands. I use to be a huge Dimebag Darrell fan before I heard of Jeff Loomis, Chris Broderick, Steve Vai etc etc (I still love Dimebag though). This guitar has been through HELL, I have ripped out the jack input, I have dropped it out of the back of trucks and stages, I have broke the bridge, the straplocks have ripped out, and every edge of the guitar has had the paint chipped off, and a lot more. I recently sanded the neck down a bit (I do that to all my guitars) and put a Dimebucker in (Amazing pickup in my opinion, I just wish I had a Bill Lawrence XL500). I want to get the neck pickup that Dime used, but I can't find out which pickup he used in the neck. I heard he used the Seymour Duncan SH-1, but never had it confirmed. Does anyone know which pickup he used in the neck position?

Here's some pictures of the guitar

WashburnDime.jpg

WashburnDime2.jpg

WashburnDime3.jpg

WashburnDime4.jpg

WashburnDime5.jpg

WashburnDime6.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the ML body shape, or the whole "DIME" thing (no disrespect toward dime btw :))

but, that finish is really badass :yesway:. and no, i've never seen that finish before.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what pickup he used... But that washburn looks a whole hell of a lot better than my Dean ML. The washburns were a tad pointier. And Washburn Stealth > Dean Razorback.

The only thing I know about his pickups is that he put the bridge in backwards:

Dimebag used his pickups differently, he used the magnets where the low-E string was on the Major-E string because he wanted the sound not to be so shrill.

EDIT: I just found this: Dean Dimebag Darrell DimeTime Pickup Apparently it's a copy of an old stock Dean neck pup.

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the ML body shape, or the whole "DIME" thing (no disrespect toward dime btw :))

but, that finish is really badass :yesway:. and no, i've never seen that finish before.

Thanks. I don't care for the ML shapes either, their neck heavy and awkward to stand up and play. But when I played this guitar it was crunchy and felt solid in my hands, and the finish is what made me want it so bad. I got it for $400 new, and I've had it for 3 years and it has went through hell and still plays amazing.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Just so you know, you can get a Bill Lawrence L-500XL from a seller named banjomikez on eBay. It smokes the Dimebucker too.

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
Not sure what pickup he used... But that washburn looks a whole hell of a lot better than my Dean ML. The washburns were a tad pointier. And Washburn Stealth > Dean Razorback.

The only thing I know about his pickups is that he put the bridge in backwards:

EDIT: I just found this: Dean Dimebag Darrell DimeTime Pickup Apparently it's a copy of an old stock Dean neck pup.

Thanks for the info. In the Dean Dime From Hell remake guitar, they had the Bill Lawrence in the bridge, and a Dean Zebra pickup in the neck. Perhaps he just kept the stock neck pickup in. I want to set this guitar up exactly like he had his. But I'll switch the bridge pickup around and see if that makes a difference in the tone. The pickup already sounds tight and crunchy, I can't imagine it sounding any better.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yes he used a Duncan 59 in neck...

Man .. you hava an awesome guitar... Great finish !!!!! I would really like to have one like that :) :metal:

I have a Washburn WE32 ( Post Dimebag model.. its just like the 332 just without the "Dimebag Darrell Signature..." ) It was rather cheap.. but kicks ass !!!
Neck is great !

wash14.jpg

wash11.jpg

:dime:

EDIT: in his "original" Dean from Hell he had a dean zebra neck pickup.. but only there..
In the FBD he had a 59.. in all Washburns he had 59.. so get a 59...

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
SD SH-1 '59 is what i always thought he used in the neck :shrug:.

Yeah I thought so too. I am just seeing if anyone knew for sure so I don't waste my money on a pickup he didn't actually use.

Just so you know, you can get a Bill Lawrence L-500XL from a seller named banjomikez on eBay. It smokes the Dimebucker too.

Thanks. I saw those on Ebay, but there not the original Bill Lawrence's according to my friend who owns the original Bill Lawrence and the remake that banjomikez sells.

Yes he used a Duncan 59 in neck...

Man .. you hava an awesome guitar... Great finish !!!!! I would really like to have one like that :) :metal:

I have a Washburn WE32 ( Post Dimebag model.. its just like the 332 just without the "Dimebag Darrell Signature..." ) It was rather cheap.. but kicks ass !!!
Neck is great !

EDIT: in his "original" Dean from Hell he had a dean zebra neck pickup.. but only there..
In the FBD he had a 59.. in all Washburns he had 59.. so get a 59...

Thanks. I love the finish too, I've only seen 2 so far. They have one with a Floyd but I can't stand dealing with a Floyd, I always block them with screws. It seems he did use the 59'. I guess I'm going with the 59'.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Too bad you dont like the floyd...

My friend has a floyded guitar ( a jackson )

and i love to do Dime squeals on it :) BAD ASS

EDIT: does you guitar have a heavy neck dive while standing ?
I changed the " strap lock" position ( the one closer to the neck) i put it on the backplate and it feels great

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
Too bad you dont like the floyd...

My friend has a floyded guitar ( a jackson )

and i love to do Dime squeals on it :) BAD ASS

I have a Jackson Dinky with a Floyd in, and I loved it for some time. Doing all the Dime squeals, and flutter effects where fun. But restringing and tuning the damned thing is ridiculous and not worth it. And you can't change tunings whenever, like you can with a Fixed Bridge. So I try and stay away from Floyd Rose equipped guitars. They also don't feel as solid as Fixed Bridge guitars do, I feel like if I can dig harder with a Fixed Bridge than with a Floating Tremelo. Just my opinion though.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
That's awesome, dude.

Something about lightning on a guitar is just badassed.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Although i've never liked that body shape and would never own one, I always thought he had some nice ones. I've never seen that one before, pretty cool. :metal:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Cool guitar. I don't like the whole overrated DIME thing myself (no offense to Dime personally). But Washburn actually makes some good stuff, but you do have to dig around a bit to get it. My bass is a washburn and I tried a Washburn 7 once that I liked a lot. I wouldn't buy anything of theirs that I hadn't tried out first hand though. I do that with all companies/brands though, "No try, no buy."

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;1037596 said:
Cool guitar. I don't like the whole overrated DIME thing myself (no offense to Dime personally). But Washburn actually makes some good stuff, but you do have to dig around a bit to get it. My bass is a washburn and I tried a Washburn 7 once that I liked a lot. I wouldn't buy anything of theirs that I hadn't tried out first hand though. I do that with all companies/brands though, "No try, no buy."

Yeah, ever since Dime's death, people (Mostly Dean) have been using his name for sales, they make a shit guitar and put Dime's name on it, and people will buy it. I'm getting ashamed to say that Dimebag was the one who made me pick up a guitar, because of all the Dime stuff on the market. It's a shame they are using his death as a gain like this.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I think my teacher had something similar, but neckthru.. I thought it was Washburn tho, not dean, and lit bolt finish. But it played MUCH MUCH better than any dean ML, washburn >> Dean

ML still is ugly tho imo =]

neon_black88

Reaction score
Damn you Dean for making this Dimebag thing so massively huge, I love the look of the non-Dime ML with the sunburst finish. It's sexy as shit but now I refuse to play one because I don't want people asking me about Dimebag every 5 seconds, that and every kid in the world has one now. :realmad:

Nice guitar, I don't know why your trying to make it so dime like, when its missing a massive vital ingrediant allready, and thats the floyd!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
You need to get the Bill and Becky XL500. That is the actual pickup made by the man himself. Bill Lawrence USA is not owned by Bill Lawrence anymore they just use his design.

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
Damn you Dean for making this Dimebag thing so massively huge, I love the look of the non-Dime ML with the sunburst finish. It's sexy as shit but now I refuse to play one because I don't want people asking me about Dimebag every 5 seconds, that and every kid in the world has one now. :realmad:

Nice guitar, I don't know why your trying to make it so dime like, when its missing a massive vital ingrediant allready, and thats the floyd!

I don't need a Floyd to get his tone though.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Going on the responses in this thread I'm wondering if the DimeBolt wasn't available in the states or if they jsut weren't widely available? It's in the 2001 catalogue. :scratch: