Haunted Shores tabs?

• Thread starter FMG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FMG

Reaction score
So I'd love to learn some of this stuff, been searching around and found nothing. Anyone help out?

nonumbershere

Reaction score
This thread needs some life in it! I've been getting loads of progress on Sentient Glow recently, i'll post it up as soon as Mark from HS looks over it for some corrections. I'm making all these in prep for a bass audition, but i'm also tabbing out all the guitars and drums, so it'll be nice for everybody once this thing is done.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I prefer not knowing. Part of why I enjoy listening to Mark's work is the whole "Okay, seriously, I've been playing for more than half of my life and I still don't understand how the fuck is that even possible?!" factor. ;)

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I don't think it's the same for me, I prefer not knowing, but more in a "If I figure this out it will become theory to me, and less beauty in these intricate riffs. Nevertheless I would love to play Sentient or When in Oslo, such fun sounding songs.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Ahhh man my Guitar Pro crashes every time I try and open this... Can someone upload it as a GP5 file?

nonumbershere

Reaction score
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ondzftyk3om/Sentient Glow.gp5

Hope this works, I upped gp4 version so more people could use it.

I prefer not knowing. Part of why I enjoy listening to Mark's work is the whole "Okay, seriously, I've been playing for more than half of my life and I still don't understand how the fuck is that even possible?!" factor. ;)

Haha, i've still got the WTF factor going, there's so much in this song i haven't gotten yet. I've been talking with Mark though, and if i'm lucky he'll add some to it.

FMG

Reaction score

I'm the opposite, I love hearing 'wtf?!' stuff and then try to conquer it! But in this case, the music is far beyond my transcribing capabilities.

@nonumbershere: That's great you produced some tabs! (you pioneer!) I want to see, but both those files you posted cause GP to crash out, as with splinter. Any ideas what's going on?

nonumbershere

Reaction score
ah flip, maybe it's just my version, it seems like it's hit or miss. I have to open it a few times. Maybe just retry lots, or open a different tab, then open this when guitar pro is already active? Otherwise i'll try to re-download it and fix it.

tranqx

Reaction score
Link's are dead for right now (Mediafire in general is down I guess). Can someone send me these over AIM or host on a different site like Rapidshare or Megaupload?

penguin_316

Reaction score
yes, I have noticed a lot of GP5 crashes and errors lately too. This may have to do with having less than legitimate versions of GP5 though.

Anyway, usually the tab opens and then u just copy each track and post it in a new GP5 tab one track at a time. Mine usually freezes when u press play but loads the tab fine.
This Sentient Glow tab wont even load though..gives me an error...please reload or something I need this tab lol.

nonumbershere

Reaction score
Ok, this shit is ridiculous. Sorry guys, my version must be bad, I think soon i'll just shell out the cash money for gp6. In the meantime, here's some pdfs of what i've gotten so far.

Sentient Glow.zip Glow.zip

It's got all the different tracks, I only have one distorted guitar line, which i'm sure isn't all there is, but it's a start. The drums are basically perfect, save for maybe 2 fills. Clean parts are in different tabs, but i'm mostly confident in those as well.

nonumbershere

Reaction score
ok, i just re-downloaded guitar pro 5, and exported it. lets try this.

Sentient Glownew gp

if this doesn't work i don't know what will. I almost got gp6 to do this, but then i tried the demo and the drum writing sucks on it! it's super slow, what's up with no more numbers for drums? /rant

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
ok, i just re-downloaded guitar pro 5, and exported it. lets try this.

Sentient Glownew gp

if this doesn't work i don't know what will. I almost got gp6 to do this, but then i tried the demo and the drum writing sucks on it! it's super slow, what's up with no more numbers for drums? /rant

No idea. I almost bought GP6 until I tried the demo...

Something is wrong with the upload. It's not showing up as any kind of file.

nonumbershere

Reaction score
if it doesn't show up just add .gp5 to the end. That should change the file recognition. And if all else fails check the text tab i put up.
And i REALLY want to like gp6, with 8 strings and nice sound banks and all, but it took away all the nifty little features i loved in gp5 that made it easy for me to write stuff.

EDIT: Goddammit!! Fuck. Apparently my (ill gotten) version of gp5 is corrupt, so i'll be transferring this entire tab over to my other computer note for note, then i'll upload it. Jesus shit, this is aggravating. It should be done in a few days, since i'll be on the road for work until around thursday or friday.

nonumbershere

Reaction score
Sentient Glow.gp5 Glow.gp5

here, i re-wrote the ENTIRE thing in a non-corrupt version of gp5 on a different computer. I also made some changes according to what Mark (holcomb, the guitarist! zomg!) sent me as corrections. It isn't perfect, but here it is!