Headfirst Evil Joe

• Thread starter MetalDaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Jason just released a production version of the Evil Joe amp. Of course if you are reading this now, you already missed it (because I just grabbed the last slot!).

It's a Cali with some extra goodies that was co-designed with Joe Baressi.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I decided to pass after listening to the demo when I saw it yesterday...
Admittedly, that video also did not sell me on it. But I found an older video of Jason playing through it and liked that.

I probably lean more towards Shea's style and since I have the Monomyth Origin 50, I thought it would be good to try something that was more Jason.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Admittedly, that video also did not sell me on it. But I found an older video of Jason playing through it and liked that.

I probably lean more towards Shea's style and since I have the Monomyth Origin 50, I thought it would be good to try something that was more Jason.

Yeah I figure I'll hold out and grab an Alta sooner or later.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This video is better

Yeah that sounded closer to what I was expecting from a Jose lol.
That being said, the AiC clip in the first video was spot on

Also when are we gonna get copies of actual hard-to-get or out-of-production Marshall mods like Morin, Kolbe, Bogner Snorkler, and Langner mods?

Werecow

Reaction score

That sounds much better. Don't know what's going on with that first first video, but it sounds awful for my taste, managing to sound thin, flubby, farty, all at the same time. It really doesn't help that he plays Meshuggah with that tone either, demonstrating how far away from that punchy tone it is.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That sounds much better. Don't know what's going on with that first first video, but it sounds awful for my taste, managing to sound thin, flubby, farty, all at the same time. It really doesn't help that he plays Meshuggah with that tone either, demonstrating how far away from that punchy tone it is.
Reminds me of someone taking an old Marshall, jumping the inputs, and cranking the Normal channel higher than the Treble channel.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Any modern Marshall with an EQ in the front and the loop can do the majority of the old school "modded" tones as long as the iron is big enough to move some air.