Helix 3.5 just dropped

• Thread starter thebeesknees22
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I won't have a chance to check it out for a while

it's a big huge cab update, along with some amps and fx.

:scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sleewell

Reaction score
woooooo hooooo!!!

cant wait to check it out.

wow mic positions on cabs, that is awesome. sunn model T and peavey invective amps too. and those EQD pedals look rad too. going to be fun!

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
shoot. server issues

Looks like I need to redownload the Updater too. It's giving me json errors. But I can't re-download it 'cause of the server issues.

sigh...back to work I suppose.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this loaded up after rehearsal tonight. I've developed a love affair with my York Audio IRs so I really want to check out the new cabs. Along with the major DSP hit upgrade, I'm stoked.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
same. I pretty much just use York IR's too.

There are some videos up on youtube now on the update. It looks similar to other cab sim things out there where you can place the mic around.

I can't say in terms of quality until I try them out though.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
This probably won't ALL be available in the Pod Go. Makes me sad. The cab updates are cool. Looks like they listened to feedback that their cabsims were not up to par.

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Sweet! I loved the Vitriol model when I demoed the Metallurgy plugin and was looking forward to it being added. The new Plumes OD will also probably a favorite of mine. Really looking forward to getting updated.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
it took me about 3 tries to get it updated in my helix floor. Just a heads up. I think it was just server issues

native downloaded no probs though

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Boss OC-2 is a great addition, really helps working bassist like myself

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
God damn I’m excited! I’m sick as fuck so I can’t do anything for a while, so this is killing me.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm diggin' the Pillars OD and the other fx a lot, and vitriol crunch on the first quick test.

I'll need some time to go through all the cabs since it's such a massive update. On a first pass it's cool. the interface is clean and straightforward, and the tonal range to play with is really big. On a first test they feel really kind of in your face and up front if that makes sense. Which I'm really digging since it's a nice contrast to what I have with my York IR's.

I do wish there was a phase flip option for when combining mics on the dual cab option so I can hear what I'm cancelling out. Maybe there is and I'm just missing it.Overall it's a really awesome update. I like the new amps a lot a lot too.

I'll have to play with it more later though. All that above is just my initial impression. I need a whole weekend to really dive into it.

thrashcomics

Ibanez and Line 6 since 1999
Reaction score
Redid my outboard preamp patch with the Pillars in place of the Stupor and I REALLY like it.