Help creating a tone? :)

• Thread starter SomeChump
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Never heard of these guys, and this was NOT the tone I was expecting, based on your description.

Honestly, sounds like a Strat, position 2 or 4, through something jangly and overdriven. If not an actual Strat, then the same sort of two singlecoils out of polarity thing to it, and honestly the high end wouldn't shock me if it was split humbuckers.

I think it's the guitar and pickup position, more than the amp, you're responding to.

SomeChump

Just a Chump
Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds accurate. Time to buy a new guitar. :) Thanks for the reply!
Never heard of these guys, and this was NOT the tone I was expecting, based on your description.

Honestly, sounds like a Strat, position 2 or 4, through something jangly and overdriven. If not an actual Strat, then the same sort of two singlecoils out of polarity thing to it, and honestly the high end wouldn't shock me if it was split humbuckers.

I think it's the guitar and pickup position, more than the amp, you're responding to.

SomeChump

Just a Chump
Reaction score
It's also close to Tim Henson's rhythm tone on a lot of his tracks. I feel like I need a Telecaster.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It's also close to Tim Henson's rhythm tone on a lot of his tracks. I feel like I need a Telecaster.
Tele wont sound quite like a strat so keep that in mind.

That said Im not talking anyone out of a tele.