Help! EvH 5150iii 50watt

• Thread starter Masquerade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masquerade

Reaction score
So I just picked it up today from the post office with a new 2x12 cab and I've been playing for a good hour getting my tones dialled in how I like

On channel three, there seems to be a fair amount of gain (Noise; not sure the correct term of it) even with my noise suppressor on. The gain only happens with the amp being idle and switching to channel one solves the problem

I know its a normal thing with most high gain amps but when I had my 6505+ I dont remember there being so much noise.

I have the settings at
G. L. M. H. V.
7. 4. 4. 7. 1.

At bedroom volume its fine but as I start to crank it past 2 and 3 it gets intense. Not sure if this is a normal thing and I just have to deal with it or if there is an actual fix

Any help would be appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
You have way too much gain! Drop that to 4 (which is more than enough for Death Metal, trust me I had one for 2 years) and you will reduce the noise greatly.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
The EVH does produce a good bit of background noise on channel 3, especially with the gain that high :eek: I use mine on like 3.5 :lol:

Masquerade

Reaction score
Turns out the hum came from my pedalboard, eliminating one of the power supplies solved the problem. Thanks anyway guys!