help me pick a guitarmory pickup set!!!!

• Thread starter dxjxrose
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Trying to figure that out myself. I am looking at the Foxbat set, but not sure yet. I don't have any experience with Guitarmory.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Depends on the magnets and tone you want, but they have several sets that can suit these needs well. Foxbats and Voyagers are really good with the volume rolled off. Honestly, I'd contact them to ask. I've had a few conversations and got exactly the feedback I needed and was very happy with the results. Their brand is pretty mid heavy but don't have that cocked-wah sound in my experience. Their mid and lower output models are really awesome, and I dig the Patriot and Warlord for stupid high gain stuff.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Foxbat alnico 5 set is good for that tone clip you linked to. Foxbat ceramic would be just slightly different with a tighter bottom end. Depends on how tight you want it to be. The Foxbat alnico 5 set also has a bit more hair. It's great for riff-y stuff like that.

The Foxbat sets do very well with cleans as well.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Tangibly related to the OP, anyone here has experience rewinding with Guitarmory? I have a set of Nazgul/Sentient that i want to rewind. They recommended me Atlas for the tone im looking for.

MrWulf

Reaction score
What do you need to know?

Oh I just want to know how quick the turnaround and what's the experience doing it. I play metal so I probably want high gain set with a Ceramic bridge to keep things articulate and a similarly high gain non Alnico 5 neck because I absolutely have enough of mid scooped, medium output PAF style neck.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I have a set of patriots coming in a guitar and I’m looking forward to trying them out. The Foxbat seems far and away the most recommended set on here.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
I have a set of patriots coming in a guitar and I’m looking forward to trying them out. The Foxbat seems far and away the most recommended set on here.
the foxbats are the best all around set by far imo, that's why i recommend them. all the others besides the scud are far more specialized in terms of feel/eq

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Oh I just want to know how quick the turnaround and what's the experience doing it. I play metal so I probably want high gain set with a Ceramic bridge to keep things articulate and a similarly high gain non Alnico 5 neck because I absolutely have enough of mid scooped, medium output PAF style neck.

You tell us what you want, you get invoiced, we give you the address to send them to, we disassemble and rewind, then send them back.
Right now new orders won't start until sometime after July 7th due to the huge volume of orders currently in progress though.
Normally it's a 4-6 week turnaround time.

MSS

Reaction score
I don’t have experience with other Guitarmory sets but I am digging the Atlas. The palm mutes are sick! The bridge clean is actually useful and the neck cleans are warm and full. I think the bridge tracks well and it’s tight. My only complaint so far has more to do with my choice of amp. Rectifiers can be fizzy to my ears (I use an Axe III recto model that sounds close to my old dual rectifier) and I usually roll the presence down and employ a mark v shape eq. That being said, for my setup, I prefer a pup with warmer highs. I bump the Atlas, with a high q, 130hz pre amp and cut, with a high q, 6.3hz post amp. I am currently working on a tune that is all Atlas bridge and I’ll post clips when I’m done.