Help on finding tabs for practicing downtuned metal!

Xenos0176

Reaction score
I'm a guitarist who's been on and off with practice for quite a few years.
I used to learn the songs i listen to a lot, but now as i've gotten older and such i listen to very hard and complex stuff.
My issue is i need to find songs to learn now so i can have an excuse to practice!
My 2 main guitars are a 7 string in G# tuning (i haven't been able to but i've been trying to find A plea for purging tabs cuz they play in this tuning on the marriage of heaven and hell i've been told)
My 2nd guitar is a 6 string in B and i can play drop C if need be but i'm trying to find tabs for bands like the one meantioned before, or like Born of Osiris, Belie my burial, i'd say periphery but the rhythm and tunings are all different for each song it's annoying to say the least.

The style of music is also something i should meantion, i would wanna learn some kind of more melodic stuff that has complex breakdowns, not like periphery which i like A LOT but the rhythms always changing and i cant follow it that well also cuz tabs dont get rhythm notated well.

I'm looking for maybe some For Today tabs or impending doom, in the midst of lions, stuff like that, but relative to the tunings i meantioned and yes i can play in drop A, but i'm probably not going to ask for Acacia strain tabs cuz i've been told they play in F or something like that and i'm not able to/want to tune that low right now.

Ive tried goin on ultimate guitar archive on my ipod but i'm never getting a whole lot in searches and that's why i'm asking for help on where to look.

AzzMan

Reaction score
Play by ear, improve your ear, learn things yourself. There simply aren't good tabs for most non-mainstream metal bands.

conorreich

Momento Mori
Reaction score
Actually acacia strain tunes to A on continent and g# on the dead walk. Everything off the dead walk is extremely fun to play as well.

Edit: learning by ear will give you a huge advantage in the long run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xenos0176

Reaction score
I do have a decent ear for things, i first learned guitar all by ear, tho i'd have to slow many songs down and spend a long time to learn the ones id like to learn so tabs can be useful tho i kno they are often wrong and that website sounds like a good idea

Xenos0176

Reaction score
lol i kno it appears that way, but i've been unable to find songs on that site i've been looking for

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I don't use tabs. Due to its better to help out your skill and the fact that I play in B on everything that consists a 6 and F# on songs that consist 7+. I only use tabs just to check if I'm doing it ok. Learning it by ear gives you the feel of the song, but you might be playing some wrong parts. cus if you just go by tabs 100% it could sound a bit stale, but you might be hitting each note right(depends on the tab).

If you really wan't to do tabs, find the tabs by the artist that actually wrote the songs

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Rivers of Gore - Brutal Tablature

just make a username and you can access the forums, which have a shit load of un-archived tabs

Totally. Hands down one of the coolest sites on the Internet. I was blown away by the number of quality tabs of obscure death and tech death bands. Go there now!

Wait, what are you doing still reading this? I said go there! NOW!